I really wanted to at least post a little bit about our party this past weekend before leaving on our trip. I didn't take a ton of pictures with my camera since I was busy talking and dancing, but I will try to post more photos when I get them from friends.
Here is a picture of the room Moria was able to reserve on campus. It was perfect for what we wanted. There was even a kitchen which made things much easier than they would have been without. Kevin and Brian hung the lights the night before and then we put up the lanterns that day. It is hard to tell but they were white and light pink.

Brian, Moria, Sarah, and Jonathan all helped with set up and then we were ready to celebrate.
We kept the slide show going in the corner throughout the event so people could look at pictures as they had time or wanted to. I think our friends got a kick out of seeing pictures of us as little kids.
Sarah had wanted to try out her decorating skills on a wedding cake so she offered to make a cake for our event. I know how hard she worked on making it look like our wedding cake and I thought she did an amazing job.

Here is the cake from our wedding so you can compare. I sent here pictures of it and she worked away at creating a mini version for us.

Sarah even made five flowers from frosting to put on the top of the cake. (One for each year.) Everyone was impressed with her amazing work and were equally impressed with how delicious it was. The amount of time and effort she put into creating this blows me away. We have the GREATEST friends out here and I am so thankful to have them in my life.

Moria was a HUGE help in making this night go as well as it did. Not only did she help me decorate but she kept an eye on the food and refilled it as necessary. It was like magic. Brian and Moria were also key in the clean up and I can't express in words how much we appreciated it. Like I said....awesome friends.

We didn't announce when we went to cut the cake but before we knew it everyone was watching and taking pictures. Major deja vu.

It is hard to believe that it has been five years already. We have had our ups and downs like anyone but I wouldn't trade it for anything. A few of our friends asked me what I'd learned over 5 years of marriage and my answer was simple. You learn to say you are sorry a lot and you have to learn to compromise.

I brought our original guest book from the wedding and had our friends all sign it. That will be something I will treasure forever. There are some funny things written in there that we are still laughing and smiling about.
That will have to be all for now. We are finishing packing up and our flight to Oahu leaves tomorrow morning. I plan to take TONS of pictures and I can't wait to share our trip with you! Our honeymoon in finally here and we can't wait!
1 comment:
So happy for you both, have a wonderful time in Hawaii! Love you both! oxoxox
Post a Comment