Thursday, September 29, 2011

Catching Up

I never get to see everyone that I would like to see when I am back. A week sounds like a lot but it is simply not enough. That being said I did get to see a few people during my visit. Grandad and Grandmom came for a belated birthday celebration for Hailie. Since I missed her actual 10th birthday last month I insisted we do something to celebrate.

It worked out perfect that Grandad and Grandmom were able to come into town. It is always nice being able to visit even if it is only for a little while. When you live 2,000 miles apart you sometimes have to take what you can!

Another highlight of my week was finally having the chance to meet Kara's baby Abby! I saw Kara in June just before she had Abby on July 1st.
Kara and Baby Abby
I'd been pretty excited to get my hands on that little girl. I loved holding her...she had a few wonderful smiles for me....especially right after taking a poop.
Abby was having a few spit up issues while I was there so the cute outfit Kara put her in for me slowing got stripped away. Still adorable in just a onesie though!
Later in the week a headed over to Heather's house to visit with her and her daughter Avery. We never met up during my last trip so we had to make it happen this time. Last time I saw Avery around Christmas last year she was pretty shy. This time she wasn't so much and I think she enjoyed showing off for company a little bit.

I love this picture of Mommy and daughter. 

Heather and Avery
We had a wonderful afternoon together and I wish we could do it more often. With kid's in the picture now and with Lindsey (the last lovely lady in our little group) living in Denver now it is harder for all of us to get together at one time. 

During the week I had fun helping the kid's with their homework and just being a part of their regular stuff. We did manage to sneak in a little basketball one evening when they didn't have as much going on. (These kid's keep busy between gymnastics, church activities, homework, etc)

It still amazes me how quickly these two are growing up. I love that we are so close even though we live so far apart. We definitely learn to cherish each moment that we do get together!

Seth and Hailie while getting along for the moment. So cute when they aren't fighting over something silly!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: