Part of the reason I've been so behind on posts was that I spent a week in Kansas! Yay! I'm attempting to catch up and then I'll try to stay that way for at least a little while :)
I took a red eye flight and arrived in Kansas City on a Saturday morning. I was picked up by the family and then we headed straight to Worlds of Fun. This was a really big deal for Seth. Every time I talked to him leading up to my trip he informed me "We're not even going home first...we're going straight to Worlds of Fun". He was pretty excited about this.
One of the first rides we went on was Viking Voyager. To look at it sort of seems like a somewhat tame ride. It is just a boat going back and forth like a pendulum. Seth sat with Dad and he LOVED it. Hailie was sitting on the opposite side of the boat with me and Mom and she absolutely did not love it. Hate is probably a more accurate word. The poor girl was shaking she was so scared and I couldn't do anything but put my arm around her until it ended. Talk about a traumatic experience. Luckily she bounced back quickly and we found some rides that she really enjoyed.
The Fjord Fjarlane was by far her favorite followed by the Finnish Fling. Meanwhile, Seth was waiting for us to go and ride the Mamba. He was excited for the roller coasters and it was wonderful that I got to be there for his first adult one!
Since Mom isn't a big roller coaster fan she waited with Hailie while Dad, Seth, and I headed up to the Mamba. I sat next to Seth and Dad was just ahead of us. On the way up Seth said to me, "Are you sure this is a good idea?". I watched his face the entire way up and you could see is eyes moving so quickly trying to take in everything he was seeing. I kept watching him as we went down the first drop. I couldn't quite tell by his face if he was really enjoying it or not. After the second drop I asked him how he was doing and his response was "This is AWESOME! I LOVE IT!"
| The first drop on the Mamba! |
Seth rode the Mamba 6 times that day. It was by far his favorite roller coaster at the park. He also liked the Timberwolf which he rode 3 times. We ended up buying one of those photos they take of all the cars during the ride. I forgot to scan a copy before I left so I don't have it to put on this post.
It ended up being a near perfect day to be at the park. It rained a little bit in the afternoon which upset Seth a little bit because they had to shut down the rides for awhile. Luckily it was temporary and we were able to get back to having fun.
Enjoying a ride on the train around the park. It has been 4 years since any of us had been to Worlds of Fun and just being with my parents and the kids was fantastic.
We only needed the ponchos a couple of times but we were grateful for them. They were also handy on a couple of the water rides.
Dad and I broke away for a minute to go ride on the Bamboozler. Seth was tall enough to ride it but he informed us that it wasn't safe because you go upside down. (That kid cracks me up). It wasn't our favorite but we did enjoy The Patriot.
We kept trying to ride on the newest roller coaster...the Prowler but either it was closed because of the rain or because of maintenance. Finally we headed over there and it was open. That was when Hailie surprised us all and told us she wanted to ride it. I was shocked and kept telling her that she didn't have to do it. Mom would wait with her and there is absolutely nothing wrong with not liking roller coasters. She still insisted on riding it and wanted to sit with me. (Seth told her in line that she needed to 'conquer her fears') I watched her most of the time and her face was a little more telling than Seth's was on the Mamba. She never really screamed or cried ever but there was a constant look of terror on her little face. When we looked at the picture that was taken we cracked up and had to buy it too. I really wish I had it to put up so you could have a good laugh too.

No comments:
Post a Comment