Friday, September 30, 2011

Wedding Fun!

After a wonderful week in Kansas came the event that brought me back to Kansas in the first place....a wedding. My neighbor across the street growing up, Kara Sack, was tying the knot on her older sister's 6th wedding anniversary.  I'd been looking forward to this wedding for quite some time knowing that there would be so many familiar faces. It is rare that all of us old neighbors get together. The wedding was outdoors at the Pergola at Lake Shawnee. They lucked out on the rain. It rained the day before and was overcast the entire day of the wedding but it held off until the next day.

This is Shelley with daughter Tiffany and her son Sawyer. This was the first time I'd ever seen baby Sawyer and let me tell you...he is the cutest. I wish I'd had more time to talk with Tiff but Sawyer had a little bit of a cough so she and her husband left a little earlier. 

I laugh every time I look at this picture of Seth.

The dinner was very good and I had a blast visiting with Matalone family and hanging out with the family.


They had a great D.J. and it was so much fun dancing with Hailie and Seth. There was a candy bar so all the kids were hyped up on sugar and running around like crazy.

Another old neighbor, Courtney, who will be getting married next summer. It doesn't seem that along ago that we were playing Cop's n' Robber's, Shark's, and putting on dance shows for our parents.


The lovely bride, Kara, with her sister Erin. 
Remember when I said that their was an open candy bar?
One really neat thing they had at the wedding was this photo booth. There was a box of hats, glasses, scarves,etc and you had about 10 seconds in between each picture to quickly grab your next item. Hailie wanted to go over and over again and I didn't mind.


Great wedding, great fun, and a great week in Kansas! After this trip I'm pretty low on PTO so there wont be  much travel for the time being. At least football season is here!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: