Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Visiting Midland

Early in December we finally got to make our trip out to Midland together to find a place to live. We were both excited to spend a little time in our new city before actually moving there. 

We took a red eye and arrived in Flint, MI on Sunday morning. From there we rented a car and drove the hour or so to Midland. After napping we took some time to check out downtown Midland. While we were there we had to check out the Tridge!
The Tridge!
 During our 2 1/2 days there we also were able to head over to Dow Gardens. Even though there weren't as many plants to see it was still fun checking out the area. We're excited to head back in the spring to see more...including the butterfly exhibit.
Hanging out in Dow Gardens
 On one of our days in Midland we were picked up by the real estate agent to go and look at houses. She had already emailed us the links to the places we would be visiting and we had it down to two places although we looked at 7 different houses. It was a little overwhelming...I'm glad we aren't buying right now. We ended up choosing the house we had at the top of our list! 

Our new rental house
 I didn't take any pictures of any of the houses but after putting in our application we went back to this house to at least get a few photos of the outside to show people. It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with an unfinished basement. There is also a fireplace which is a major plus. 

The house also has a small backyard with a decent sized deck for us. I'm hoping that the grill and fire pit stay there. It will be so nice to have more space. We had definitely outgrown our 2 bedroom apartment. The rent for this house is also cheaper then what we were paying which is a definite bonus. Once we get settled in January I'll be sure to get some pictures of the the inside posted. We're going to have to buy some more furniture to fill this thing but I'm up for the task!

It was a very fast trip to Michigan but it was a relief to finally know where we will be living! We take over the lease on January 18th and our stuff will be delivered on the 19th. I'm just glad we don't have to unload the truck in the snow. (In case I haven't mentioned before it is amazing having someone else pack up all your stuff)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the house you picked to call "Home." Congratulations! Picking out your next home is a big step. Aunt Sandy