Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Made it to Kansas

These posts have been a long time coming. It is just difficult to take the time to sort through the pictures when there are a million little things to do around our house now that we have finally made it to Michigan. My goal is to try and let the pictures do the talking of how much fun we had while in Kansas but we'll see how that goes. I always think of stories and want to write about them once I get started.

Taking a flight with Lupin in tow wasn't nearly as difficult as we thought it was going to be. We had a direct flight and the plane wasn't that full so we did pretty well (except for the time I unzipped his carrier to pet him and he almost made a run for it).

After getting picked up from the airport we went to Kevin's cousin's house for dinner in K.C.. It was great getting to see Valerie, Paul, and the kids.
Paul, Valerie, Kevin, Patti
Cal was sick the last time we saw the family so I think this was the first time we got to meet the baby of the family.
Emmalyn, Luke, and Cal
Were able to see Adell when we got to Topeka. She's changed so much since we saw her at 2 weeks old. Such a cutie!
Poor Hailie was sick when we first got there so I stayed with her for a couple of days since she couldn't go to school. Seth felt fine and was stoked to climb all over Kevin.
Mr Monkey Man
Once Hailie was feeling better she was ready to mess with Kevin. Too bad he woke up before she had a chance to draw on his face.

Seth turned 9 the week before we arrived so we had to have a belated birthday celebration.
Happy birthday Seth!

Before heading to an ugly sweater party I had fun hanging out with the family. We'd been busy Christmas shopping all week since we hadn't done much at all before getting to Kansas. It was nice to have plenty of relaxing family time.


I loved the collection of 'Ugly Sweaters' picked out by Kevin and his brothers. Yes, James is wearing a Christmas tree skirt.

We opened presents Christmas Eve morning. Here Hailie is sporting several of her gifts. It's a pretty interesting combination.

A little later we headed back over to the Kent's to celebrate the holiday. I just loved this picture.

Adell doesn't get any attention when she is over there.
The dogs don't get any attention either.
Lupin was in for a little shock since he's never been around dogs before. Jackie just wanted to play with him but he wouldn't have anything to do with it. 


Christmas out at the farm was wonderful. Getting to see all the family and catch up. Kevin also got to see the Watkin's family when he headed out to their land to shoot guns with his brothers. Overall a wonderful Christmas.
Another one of my favorite pictures.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: