Thursday, October 18, 2012

Baby Update: 32 Weeks

We made it to our first goal...32 weeks! We are very excited about this number and 34 weeks is the next goal. It's hard to believe that it's been 4 weeks since we first heard about the growth issue. It hasn't been an easy 4 weeks but thanks to all the love and support from family and friends we've made it this far.

Bedrest still isn't fun but with a few restrictions lifted I don't feel quite as isolated as I did the first week. It's still frustrating not being able to do all the little things around the house that you sort of take for granted but we're managing.

I had an ultrasound earlier this week to check my amniotic fluid level and it seems to be staying steady. They did a biophysical on the baby and she scored an 8/8 (graded on fetal movement, muscle tone, breathing, and the fluid level) so that is good news as well. My uterus measured at 31cm the other day and I'm still gaining weight. I've gained 23 pounds so far and they seem happy with both these numbers. I just came from a non-stress test and the baby's heart is reacting normally also. We go next week to see the specialist and they'll check on her growth again so we'll have an even better idea of how things are going. Feeling pretty optimistic this week though!



I'm definitely feeling more and more uncomfortable each week. Things like rolling over in bed, putting my socks on, and getting up off of the couch are not nearly as easy as they once were. I've taken more and more to grunting while doing these tasks. Adjusting myself in bed warrants the most grunts and typically involves at least 4 of them. And yes...Kevin does laugh sometimes...but before you get mad I must admit...it is kind of funny.

A bit of nausea has also crept back. It's not like the first trimester nausea but it isn't exactly fun either. I have to eat so slowly and it's frustrating because there are times when I am famished and want to scarf food down. That, however, is a big mistake and typically results in that delicious food coming right back up.

We celebrated 32 weeks last night with a toast. (I'm having goblin juice in case you were wondering...sparkling apple and cherry juice)


During Brian and Moria's visit, they bought Lupin a Halloween costume. They chose a devil costume which only seemed fitting for Lupin's personality. He didn't exactly love having it on but I think his facial expression in the picture is a good representation of his overall character. Not going to lie...it was pretty cute watching him walk around in this thing. 
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome, Kevin and Cara! We will continue to pray as we have each day!! Love you and I know all is going to be well! And I love the part about your cat!! So funny! And I do think he tells on in his expression!!!! Aunt Kim