Another week down! Feels good but we're not quite ready to relax just yet.
We had another ultrasound with the specialist on Tuesday and considering our situation things are looking fairly good. The measurements for the placenta weren't as good as the last time but were still better than the first appointment (mostly less than 4...borderline but stable). My fluid while low is still pretty similar to what we've been getting. I will continue to have my fluid measured weekly so that they can keep a close eye on it in case there is a sudden drop.
The baby's measurements were more encouraging than last time. Baby K's head grew some more and is back up to the 80th percentile. Her abdomen is slightly lower percentage-wise but the difference was pretty small and there was definitely growth there over the last two weeks. They are still having a hard time getting a really good measurement of it because of how her legs are positioned. Her overall size clocks her in at about the 27th percentile vs only the 18th previously. Her estimated weight is about 4lbs 5oz.
My nonstress tests this week have continued to look good as well. There is still a lot of unknown and we know that a lot can change but if they stay stable like they are then we have really good reason to think we can make it to at least 37 weeks and possibly even beyond. I try to keep my hopes focused to one week at a time though.
I'm getting to know the staff at my doctor's office very well and they have been great. When I show up they wave and say... "I'll let her know you're here". I don't even have to check in anymore.
Kevin's co-workers threw a baby shower for him today at work. I was welcome but I had my appointment and after discussing we thought I could do without that level of excitement (lots of new people). Kevin did bring me home some cake and it was delicious! It was wonderful of them to organize this and now we're that much closer to being ready for our little girls arrival.
As we speak Kevin is raking some of the leaves in our front yard. It is seeming a little pointless with the wind but at least our driveway is cleared of these tiny annoying leaves that easily get dragged into the house. We live on an older block and the leaves seem pretty endless sometimes! Our gutters need cleaned out pretty bad but I think waiting another week will be better.
This weekend we plan on spending some time working on the nursery. Once things are a little more organized I'll try to get some pictures up. Until next week....
We had another ultrasound with the specialist on Tuesday and considering our situation things are looking fairly good. The measurements for the placenta weren't as good as the last time but were still better than the first appointment (mostly less than 4...borderline but stable). My fluid while low is still pretty similar to what we've been getting. I will continue to have my fluid measured weekly so that they can keep a close eye on it in case there is a sudden drop.
The baby's measurements were more encouraging than last time. Baby K's head grew some more and is back up to the 80th percentile. Her abdomen is slightly lower percentage-wise but the difference was pretty small and there was definitely growth there over the last two weeks. They are still having a hard time getting a really good measurement of it because of how her legs are positioned. Her overall size clocks her in at about the 27th percentile vs only the 18th previously. Her estimated weight is about 4lbs 5oz.
My nonstress tests this week have continued to look good as well. There is still a lot of unknown and we know that a lot can change but if they stay stable like they are then we have really good reason to think we can make it to at least 37 weeks and possibly even beyond. I try to keep my hopes focused to one week at a time though.
I'm getting to know the staff at my doctor's office very well and they have been great. When I show up they wave and say... "I'll let her know you're here". I don't even have to check in anymore.
Kevin's co-workers threw a baby shower for him today at work. I was welcome but I had my appointment and after discussing we thought I could do without that level of excitement (lots of new people). Kevin did bring me home some cake and it was delicious! It was wonderful of them to organize this and now we're that much closer to being ready for our little girls arrival.
As we speak Kevin is raking some of the leaves in our front yard. It is seeming a little pointless with the wind but at least our driveway is cleared of these tiny annoying leaves that easily get dragged into the house. We live on an older block and the leaves seem pretty endless sometimes! Our gutters need cleaned out pretty bad but I think waiting another week will be better.
This weekend we plan on spending some time working on the nursery. Once things are a little more organized I'll try to get some pictures up. Until next week....

2 comments:
You are looking really pregnant. Precious Baby K is growing and developing everyday! Even our lower level NICU can handle babies at 34 weeks. Although it is still early, you''re getting to a good place. We are praying for you all with much love.
Uncle Dale and I keep praying for you and Baby K. This was an encouraging report. You and Kevin already are great parents.
Post a Comment