This past weekend we worked on our 3 month photo shoot at home. It was hard to narrow it down but we managed to only put 9 on here.

Anna is doing a little better at tummy time lately. She has to be in the right mood for it though. I've been taking her to the library for play dates with friends and she does well with it I think because of the different scenery.
Anna is doing a little better at tummy time lately. She has to be in the right mood for it though. I've been taking her to the library for play dates with friends and she does well with it I think because of the different scenery.
Last week I met a friend for coffee and Anna discovered her love of ceiling fans. It entertained her for at least 20 minutes. Yesterday I was at a Midland Mom's event and she found another one. It's pretty cute watching her stare at it. I wonder what she's thinking about while looking at them.
She wasn't cooperating too much for this photo shoot in the smile department but she's been smiling a ton over the last month. It's cute when she wakes up from a nap and you walk in and say hi and she'll give us the biggest smile. Or when Daddy comes home from work.
Anna has been more grabby lately but at nothing intentionally. As soon as she does get a hold of something it tends to go straight to the mouth. She discovered her hands a couple weeks ago and now loves sucking on them. Spit will be covering them as she happily slurps away at them. She also has been super 'spitty' in general. She is constantly blowing spit bubbles and I feel like I'm wiping her face all day long.
Anna has been focusing on faces for awhile but the last couple weeks it is very noticeable. She'll make eye contact and keep it for such a long time and that is when you can usually act goofy and get lots of smiles.
She's also been very talkative the last week or so. I love hearing her chat to us and to funny things like the circle pattern in her pack n play. Her favorite thing is the butterfly mobile we made that is above her changing table. We'll hit it to make the butterflies move and she'll be still and stare at it. Then once it stops moving her arms and legs go crazy in response. It is so much fun to watch!
She hasn't really shown much interest in rolling over yet although it happened by accident a couple times. I think it was the weight of her head and the way she was positioned on a memory foam mattress for tummy time that lead to the roll.
We are truly enjoying watching her take things in and we love knowing she's learning all the time. Her favorite songs right now are "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" and "The Hokey Pokey" We can typically get lots of smiles with those.
Through a friend I found a very reasonably priced photographer and had Anna's 3 month pictures taken last week. She put one up on her facebook page as a sneak peak and here it is. I can hardly wait for the rest!
It did make me realize I never put up Anna's newborn pictures (even though she was 2 weeks old when we took them) so I thought I'd post one now just for comparison.

We love our little bug so very much and it's crazy that she is already 3 months old. We love her bright eyes and all of her expressions. Looking forward to what the next month brings!

1 comment:
She is growing up SO FAST! She is such a cutie!
Post a Comment