Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ch-ch-changes!

 I wanted to share a few more of the pictures that we had professionally taken and also talk about some big changes headed our way.

 I'm so thrilled with how these pictures turned out. I didn't have a lot of prep time beforehand but somehow Ashley managed to take a few things I brought and combine it with props she had and turn it into some fabulous pictures! I had a lot of fun watching Anna during the photo shoot and I look forward to the next one.

     

I think I've mentioned how slobbery Anna has been lately and how much she enjoys slurping at her hands. She has also been even more alert and looking around at everything. I love watching her take in the sights. Her smiles always make us smile and I think yesterday she may have laughed for the first time. It's hard to be sure because we were at the library and there were other noises but I'm hoping we'll get more soon!

She's been a lot more squirmy lately too and much more interactive. She's getting around in her crib much more and is enjoying doing the assisted stand. You can have "conversations" with her too which is really fun. Anna's been quite the kicker for awhile now but in the last day or two she's been turning onto her side a lot. I'm thinking that she is getting revved up to start rolling soon! On play dates Anna seems really interested in the other babies. She'll watch them and try to move around a bunch...I think she'd like to play with them if she could! She is such a joy to us and we feel so lucky to have this little bug in our lives.


I guess I'll stop going on about Anna and get to the big news I mentioned earlier. We are moving back to Kansas...at the end of the month! Yes...as in the end of next week! We've known for a little bit that this would be happening but haven't really been able to share it with many people up until now. I won't be sharing details as to why on the blog (we can share more verbally) but basically Kevin will be taking personal leave from the company and we will be back in Topeka although Kansas City is where we will most likely end up. We are going to miss the AMAZING people we've met here. There are many wonderful people we were just getting to know and I'm bummed we're leaving so soon. We are, however, thrilled that we will get to be near our families again. It will be wonderful to have Anna know her Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, etc better. Please keep us in your thoughts over Easter weekend as I fly with Anna and Kevin and Thomas drive our stuff to Kansas.


Although I have pictures from my Kansas trip I'm not sure how much blogging I'll get to between now and next weekend. We've been packing, selling, donating stuff over the last few weeks but I think this last week is going to be INSANE. Stay tuned!

No comments: