Monday, February 18, 2013

Grandma Paula's Visit

Even though our Kansas trip was way too short we were excited that my Mom was coming back with us to stay for the week. It was a long travel day between delays, a missed connection, and the drive home from the airport but we finally made it back.

Anna was pretty excited to have her Grandma here to help out!

We didn't make any grand plans during her stay but we did grocery shop and plan out meals for the week and we stocked up our freezer with various goodies. I say 'we' but my Mom did most of the food prep and it was great. We did get a little shopping trip in though!
Anna in one of her new outfits!
Kevin and I were able to have our first date night and it was wonderful. Just to get out and spend a little quality time together for a few hours was nice and much needed. It was also nice because we could enjoy our time knowing Anna was in great hands.
Poor Lupin
 I mentioned before that Kevin couldn't make it to Anna's 2 month check up and I was very very happy to have Grandma Paula there. Anna got tired during the appointment which lead to her crying very loudly and that was before the shots. She was not a happy camper once she got poked. She was a bit fussy the rest of the day but not too bad considering.
Napping in Grandma's arms
Even though we were mainly hanging around the house (It's cold out there...brrr) it was so relaxing and we had a lovely time visiting and enjoying Anna. 

I can't even remember the last time I had this much quality time with my Mom and it was wonderful. We were so happy she was able to come out this week and help take care of us.
On her last day we did manage to get out of the house because Kevin insisted Mom see the Tridge before leaving town.  I mean it's not every day you see one. I stayed in the car with Anna while they went to check it out.
Paula on The Tridge
As usual our week ended too quickly and it was time to get Mom back home. Unfortunately for her, her flight out of Cleveland was canceled and she had to get re-booked onto a later flight. She was initially supposed to get to K.C. at 3pm but didn't make it back until after 10pm. Talk about a long day!  

Thanks again Mom for spending the week with us and helping us out so much. We love you and miss you!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Aunt Sandy said...

What a wonderful week everyone had just taking care of Anna and spending time together! Love the pics.