Kevin, Anna, and I just got back from San Diego yesterday. I originally had planned on using Anna's naps as an opportunity to catch up on some blogging but with unreliable wireless in our hotel I gave up trying to use it. I did sort through pictures though so I'm hoping to get a few posts up. They may be random in order but I want to catch up on the happenings over the last couple of months.
I guess a good place to start is with a pregnancy update!
Things are going really well with this pregnancy so far so we are very pleased! Since the anatomy ultrasound at 20 weeks I've had two more ultrasounds where they were checking my fluid and the baby's growth. Since the problem showed up around this time with Anna they wanted to make sure and catch it early if it were to happen again. Fortunately my fluid levels are looking great and this baby girl is growing well.
Baby K#2 does have a big head like her sister with a head circumference currently around 91%. Kevin is a little bit too pleased with this and I believe his comment was "all is right in the world". I had to remind him that I'm attempting a VBAC so he should be a little nicer to me :)
As of the last appointment this little lady is around 68% for overall size. I'm now seeing the doctor every 2 weeks since the third trimester is here so we will have another ultrasound and appointment next week.
I'm definitely feeling like a pregnant lady in the third trimester. I have to pee constantly. I'm up every couple of hours at night usually (either my hip is sore from being on that side and/or I have to use the restroom). Chasing after a very mobile 16 month old is exhausting. I haven't been exercising as much this pregnancy but running around after her is something! I'm glad spring is upon us (at least in theory) since it makes it easier to get outside for walks which is good for all of us...Anna loves it outside!
Despite the typical discomforts of pregnancy such as those mentioned above along with heartburn and overall discomfort this is such as different pregnancy and we are thrilled that it is going smoothly. This baby is very active and it's nice being able to really feel things. With Anna I didn't really get much of that between the anterior placenta (placenta in between baby and stomach) and the low fluid. I had no idea how much that impacted the feeling of movement and I'm really enjoying the change.
1 comment:
Cara you look great. Your family picture is beautiful! (Tiana, Kevin's little girl, is enjoying your pictures too!)
Post a Comment