April was a busy month for us. We didn't have to travel like we did in March so we had a little time to work on house projects. I promise I will eventually get pictures of the house up but it is low on the list of things to do right now.
Here is Kevin digging around the deck to add rock (it was suggested we do this in our inspection to help prevent termites). Anna was very curious about this.
We had to get her her own shovel so she could help out a little bit.
Anna and I started going to playgroups held by Parents as Teachers (through the school district). It's been great for Anna because she gets to interact with lots of other kids her age and it's great for me because I get to talk to other parents. Other Mom's are a great resource for activities in the area and I feel like I'm getting inside information on the good parks and such.
Here we are checking out one of the parks close to us on a nice afternoon.
Anna absolutely loves reading. I love it when I find her flipping through a book on her own. I hope she continues to love to read once she gets older.
| Bedtime story time. |
Anna also enjoys coloring! She actually prefers watching you color and dumping all the crayons out of the box and then putting them back in.
Kevin's work is involved in the Kansas City Corporate Challenge and we attended the kickoff out at Kaufman Stadium. (There are activities all summer like volleyball, softball, etc to get people active). Anna found a chair just her size!
We managed to get back to Topeka a little bit back in April for some family time.
| cousins! |
My little cutie bug after eating some Oreos.
Kevin did have to be out of town for work for one night so I spent that time in Topeka. It worked out great because I was able to attend Seth's piano recital. He did such a good job!
Okay....I'm slowly getting caught up on these posts! At least I'm through April before May has ended! My plan is to be totally caught up before Baby K #2 arrives but I'm quickly running out of time. Only 3 weeks until my due date but I suppose it could be any time. I better getting blogging!
No comments:
Post a Comment