Thursday, May 15, 2014

San Diego! Part 2

The week before leaving for San Diego we found out that Moria was going to be overlapping with us since she had a conference of her own to attend. We picked her up from the airport and we ate dinner back at our hotel. We had time to hang out and play for a bit before I drove her to her hotel. 
Hi Moria!
Moria didn't have anything going on the next morning so Anna and I ventured over to where she was staying for breakfast and some girl time. It was nice outside so we enjoyed wandering around outside and watching Anna explore. With Kevin busy at his conference it was no nice that we had Moria to hang out with.

Anna and I had the rest of the day to ourselves and enjoyed a sunset dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. 
Cheese!
The next day was our last day and luckily for us Moria didn't have a ton of stuff until later on in the day. Kevin was able to sneak away from his conference for lunch so we got checked out of our hotel and headed over for lunch. It was perfect too because our friend Ethan from Stanford was attending the same conference as Moria. Mini Reunion!


The boys went their own way and Anna and I dropped some stuff off at Moria's room and went back outside to enjoy the weather. 

We got to harass some more ducks which was fun and explore all kinds of plants. 

Eventually we made our may by the pool and what started out as just feeling the water lead to Anna standing in the water. 

Then Moria got changed and they were both IN the water! Anna loved it and I'm pretty sure Moria did too. We only had a little bit of swim time (it was a little chilly anyway) because Moria needed to get to a poster session. Anna and I just hung out in her room until she returned and Kevin got back. 

We had a little bit more time together as a group but eventually we needed to get to the airport and Moria had some talks to attend. It was awesome that we got to overlap and it made our little getaway so much more rewarding. 

Now that I've wrapped up happenings from March I'm going to try and hustle and get some posts to recap April! Getting caught up on blog posts is on my "to do" list before baby arrives and I'm quickly running out of time.....

No comments: