The last post from August and then I'll be in the current month. Hooray!
I took Anna last month to Touch-a-Truck. We'd heard awesome things about it and we've always had conflicts in the past so I was excited that we were able to go. Kevin wasn't really up for it so he stayed home with Jane. I was glad we didn't try and take her. There was a lot of waiting in line (it was PACKED) and I think it would have been more trouble than anything else.
I had trouble getting Anna to smile for me but it seemed like she was having a good time. It was a little overwhelming with how many people were there but overall she enjoyed exploring the different vehicles.
She particularly enjoyed the old stagecoach they had there. She would have stayed in it climbing around for a lot longer if we didn't have to get out because of the line.
We ran into some good friends of ours and they had been holding a place in line for the huge combine they had and said we could join them. The kids were going up two at a time and he would have been going up on his own so we excited. Amanda told me she was in line for over an hour with the baby and there is no way I would have done that with Anna so we were incredibly grateful.
The kids LOVED it and enjoyed looking around the convention center for a great view of all the other trucks. They didn't want to leave!
We hit up a few more areas (including a cardboard bus the kids could color on) before leaving to grab some lunch. It was so nice having a day to spend with just Anna.
This was from earlier in the weekend. Anna had spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa so Kevin and I had some time with just Jane. We went out to eat and while Kevin ran into work for a little bit (we were eating very close to his work) Jane and I went for a little walk. I love watching her explore everything around her!
Rocks rock!
It was a great month but I'm happy it's September. I love fall!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment