July meant another vacation for me and the girls. My parents rented a van and we loaded up for a road trip to Wisconsin to visit the Koch side of the family. Kevin had to work and we missed him but we were glad that we could ride together with everyone. There is no way I would have wanted to make that drive myself with two kids.
I had prepped many car activities for the girls and we lucked out that our van had a DVD player in it. The drive would have been more difficult without it.
![]() |
| All loaded up and ready to go! |
My Dad was recovering from shoulder surgery so I ended up being the primary driver on the trip. I didn't mind though. I've been wanting a minivan for quite some time and driving one for a week only made me want one more!
Anna and Jane were both very excited about Gus, Uncle Kent and Aunt Deb's cat.
Gus was such a champ and did really well all the commotion and two little girls practically in his face. He gave Jane one little nip as a warning and she was a little more gentle after that.
I didn't get as many pictures of everyone as I would have liked. We hadn't seen this side of the family in almost 3 years and it was great having a little reunion. Anna was only 9 months old on the last trip and this was the first time for anyone to meet Jane.
| Aunt Betty, Aunt Deb, Uncle Marion, Mom and Molly |
A great perk was the pool. Not sure who was more excited. Hailie and Seth or the girls.
Another day, another dip in the pool.
The flamingos and swan were a big hit.
It was great having Hailie to help me out with the girls in the pool.
Mom and Uncle Kent enjoying a lovely day out on the pool deck.
Snuggles with Grandma.
Our friends Dennis and Rachel (along with baby Helen) had recently just moved to Wisconsin. I couldn't pass up an opportunity to see them so I took the girls for a quick visit to their house which wasn't far from where my Aunt and Uncle live.
| Dennis and Helen |
It was fun getting to meet Helen although I realize how rusty I am at holding young babies.
Anna and Jane have been really into babies lately and Anna enjoyed getting a chance to sort of hold Helen.
It was nice getting away from the heat and humidity of Kansas. We enjoyed time outside with bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and exploring the yard.
Since Jane and Grandpa sat next to each other in the car they had a real chance to bond. She was definitely a Grandpa's girl this trip.
Uncle Marion and Aunt Betty brought their dog, Pepe, and the girls liked him too.
A group picture from our last evening. We're only missing Kevin and Molly's husband, Mike.
![]() |
| Back: Nate, Mom, Jane, Justin, Dad, Deb, Betty, Marion, Molly, and Kent Front: Hailie Seth, Anna, and Me |
On the trip home we did the drive in two days. We stopped in Springfield, IL and enjoyed pizza in the room and swimming. It was a little rough getting both kids to sleep that night. I decided to not bring the Pack N Play in for Jane and just put her into bed with me. Well Anna didn't want to be in the bed by herself so I ended up laying with both of them practically on top of me in one bed until they both fell asleep. Then I was able to move Anna to her own bed.
I thought it was funny they were both in the same position in the morning.
Everyone was happy to be done in the car by the end of the second day but the trip was so worth it. Next time we will hopefully have Kevin with us and it will be easier for me to get more pictures!


No comments:
Post a Comment