Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Sunflowers at Grinter Farms

Farmer Ted of Grinter Farms in Lawrence plants a field of sunflowers every year and they all are in bloom for about 2 weeks in September. I had heard about Grinter Farms last year and I really really wanted to go but it just never worked out. I was determined to make it out this year and we did! We went on a Thursday and missed the crowds over labor day weekend. It was amazing.


We could have driven to another area and hiked further in but Jane didn't really like walking when the sunflowers were really dense. It was nice that we didn't have to go on a long hike to take in the beauty though. 


Anna was in flower heaven. 

Family Selfie!


Being silly.

Jane loved smelling all the sunflowers.

We found a little open area and the girls loved running in it. 



Flying high!




Family photo.






It was a gorgeous evening and visiting Grinter Farms is definitely something I want to try and do every year. 

No comments: