Thursday, January 26, 2017

December: Keeping Busy and First Snow of 2016

Anna taught Jane how to climb out of her crib right around Thanksgiving. We were forced to hurry up and transition her to a toddler bed when she opened the door to our bedroom one morning. Naps were already becoming more difficult but now they basically never happen. *Sigh*
Big girl toddler bed!
 I haven't been doing as many activities associated with the virtual book club we're in the last couple of months. Birthday planning and Christmas sort of kept me busy with other things. We do fit in what we can though. 
Jane watching Anna paint
 We did get involved during 'gingerbread man' week though. 
Gingerbread Playdough!
We decorated our own 'gingerbread people' too. 
Goofy kids
And we had to make gingerbread cookies!!! 

 Jane napped that day so Anna and I saved some for her too. They both loved making cookies! 


We did several Christmas crafts including a few ornaments. 
Painting their initials for an easy ornament!
 Every year time gets away from me and we don't get around to making Christmas cookies. I made it a priority this year. 
Christmas cookies!
 We didn't get around to decorating all of the cookies until the day after Christmas (pictures to come later) but we did make sure Anna and Jane got to do at least one. They loved this part!

Jingle bell counting when we read The Polar Express. 

And candy cane counting because I found some cute candy cane erasers. 

We had our first snow at the start of December and were able to get outside for a little bit. 

We attempted to sled down our hill but it didn't work out that well. A little later Kevin took Anna to the big hill by Lowe's while Jane and I warmed up inside. 

I love watching the girls try and get up wearing their puffy coats. 

Jane couldn't help it and had to taste the snow. We're teaching her about yellow snow and not to eat it off of shoes or tires 😆

Anna was thrilled to finally be making a snow angel. 

This kids loves winter!

There aren't very many pictures of the two of us anymore. 

No comments: