Monday, January 30, 2017

Mr Stinky Feet and Christmas Eve

The Lenexa Community Center was doing their annual Candy Cane Hunt and 'Mr Stinky Feet' Concert that we attended on the 23rd of December. I took the girls the previous year and it was fun so I wanted to go again. Luckily Kevin was able to go as well!

The Candy Cane Hunt was cold and the girls were impressed so we just went inside (they basically throw the candy canes in the grass and let the kids pick them up). Once inside there was cookies and hot chocolate to warm up with. 

There was a reindeer hat craft and Christmas card making too. 

The main event was Jim Cosgrove AKA 'Mr Stinky Feet'! Mr Cosgrove lives in the KC area and he is great. We are lucky that we've been able to see him several times since he is good about doing concerts in the area. 

I had ordered a couple of CD's from his website and there was a mix up with the order and I didn't get something I'd ordered. I knew we had the concert coming up so we worked it out for me to pick up the CD at the concert. It worked out great though because we got to meet Mr Stinky Feet and I managed to get a picture too! If you are ever looking for a great gift I suggest checking out Heart Beats. It's a compilation that Mr Cosgrove was asked to put together by Hallmark and it is fantastic. Plus, it supports a small business and even local if you are in Kansas!
Mr Stinky Feet!!!!!!!
 After the concert there was still time to do a little cookie decorating (and eating of course)

The best I could get with Anna. She doesn't mess around when it comes to treats!

After the event was over we went ahead and drove into Topeka so we could begin our Christmas celebrations. On Christmas Day we spent some time putting up the tree and Kevin's Mom and Dad's House. 


Anna and Adell were very excited about being involved in this. Anna loved decorating our trees at home so she knew what to do. 

I strung the lights and the girls hung the ornaments. (Jane wasn't that interested but she did put up one or two) Patti also had some crafts planned and we spent some time doing those. I was sort of leading this portion of the day so I don't have any pictures (I'm pretty much the only person that takes photos so if I'm busy they don't happen!)

Gift opening time was so much fun this year! Their excitement for opening each gift is so fun to watch. 


Jane stayed by my side most of the time but Anna was a Grandma's girl. 
New RED shoes!!!!
 Jane took her time and didn't want much help. It was pretty sweet to see. 

Jane also wanted to play with or put everything on as she opened it. 

Kisses!
 Uncle James and Aunt Michelle gave the girls sleeping bags and they were a huge hit. Jane still loves hers and even sleeps in it in her bed sometimes. I caught this sweet moment of Jane and Michelle. 
Jane telling Michelle about Trolls.
After gifts we had a delicious dinner and finished up the evening with lots of games. We had a wonderful time with the Kent side of the family before we heading back to Olathe. 

No comments: