Thursday, May 25, 2017

Wisconsin Wedding

In March Kevin and I were able to take a fun road trip to Wisconsin. A friend of ours from California (who now lives and works in Madison) was getting married. Since we have family there it worked out for us to drive up a day early and stay the night. It's always so much fun seeing the Koch side of the family and doesn't happen often enough. My cousins were able to come over as well so it turned into an awesome mini family reunion. 

My Aunt Deb had things going on the next morning but it gave Kevin and I a chance to talk with Uncle Kent a little bit more. He showed us around his shop and let us see some of the numerous projects he has going on. Thanks Kent and Deb for letting us stay!


On that Friday we made the drive from Waukesha to Madison. That evening we met up many old friends from California and met some new friends as well. I didn't take any pictures form the evening but it was wonderful to catch up.

The next day I went with my friend Rachel for a manicure and pedicure before leaving for the wedding.  I always love my time with Rachel! The wedding was at a beautiful barn north of Madison. It had rained earlier so it was a little too wet to venture outside and enjoy the scenery but the gorgeous atmosphere of the barn made up for that. 
Rachel, Haley, Me
This is pretty much the only photo that I could bring myself to post of the two of us. Kevin took it upon himself to make crazy faces for pictures most of the night so I didn't have many to choose from. 

These guys were all on the softball team Kevin played on while at Stanford. We're only missing James in the picture but we'll excuse him since he was sort of busy getting married. 😉

This was a nice moment captured by the photographer. It truly was splendid seeing friends...many I hadn't seen in over 3 years. 

With lots of wine and beer the night got a little wild!


This picture cracks me up. I'm not sure why I'm the only person with my hands in the air at this particular moment but I was clearly having fun dancing. 


Rachel, Chris, Dennis, and Me


It was a wonderful evening and I'm so glad my Mom and Dad were able to take the girls for 4 days so we could have a much needed kid-free getaway. 
Kevin with Josh and Chris
The next morning James and Jessie had everyone over to their house for brunch. I was impressed they wanted everyone over to their house the morning after their wedding. It made sense though. James is from Australia and many guests made the trip. Both James and Jessie have made friends in grad school and medical school that are now scattered all over the U.S. as well that made the trip too. We enjoyed having a chance to talk with both the bride and groom a little more. 
James, Kevin, and Dennis
We had a great time and we look forward to catching up with everyone again...hopefully soon!

No comments: