Saturday, September 2, 2017

Summer fun

Here are pictures from a few random things we did this summer. Probably not in order.

There are Sprint Family Fun Days in KC once a month over the summer and into fall. I'd seen it pop up on Facebook several times and thought about checking it out. When I saw that Mr Stinky Feet was playing at one I knew we had to go. Anna had been commenting how she hadn't seen him in a while so I knew she'd love it. It was a small crowd since he was doing numerous short shows throughout the day so Anna was able to go up and be in his band. 

Mr Stinky Feet!!!!!
Jane could have gone up but wanted nothing to do with it. She seemed to enjoy the rest of the show though. I'm a big fan of Jim Cosgrove and it's awesome that he's local so we get to see him in concert numerous times throughout the year!

The rest of the Family Fun day was okay. We bought a wrist band for the girls so they could go in all of the bouncy houses which they enjoyed. I think there was a mini train on one end that we didn't end up seeing. The ice cream was a big hit though!


The YMCA does a Kid's Night Out once a month that we've attempted a couple of times. There were some snafus the fist time that we fixed for the second one. We may try it again in the future now that we know what we can do to make things so even smoother for the girls. It did give us a chance to go on a couple of dates which are pretty few and far between. We went to Red Crow Brewing Company in Spring Hill and had a lovely evening. There was a live band that was really pretty good and it was a lot of fun. (Our other date night included take out Chinese food and painting a couple of walls at home. Not as relaxing but very productive!)


The girls helped us out with our civic duties by coming with me to drop off our ballots. 

We went back to Kidscape at the Johnson County History Museum and had a great afternoon!

I saw that Olathe Rocks was hosting a rock painting event that I took Anna and Jane too. Painting outside that I don't have to do any prep work for and very minimal clean up on my part = Major Win. 


In case you are unfamiliar with the whole rock painting business I'll explain. The latest trend is to paint rocks and hide them at parks for other people to find. You can take a picture of your find on Facebook if you choose and then re-hide the rock. It's a fun thing to do that brings some excitement and connects communities. We found a rock at Crown Center once that came from Joplin.


The only problem we have is that Anna and Jane aren't a big fan of hiding the rocks they paint. They want to keep them. We've also struggled in getting them to re-hide the couple or rocks we've found 😃. They're just too attached to them. 

No comments: