The end of summer also marked the beginning of the school year. Jane was pretty excited to be joining Big Sis at preschool this year. The week before classes began we went in for a visitation to meet the teachers, see the classroom, and drop off school supplies.
Anna is in the Red Class this year and she is very excited since it's her favorite color. She goes 3 days a week.


On Jane's visitation day Anna thought she was a big shot since she was in the Yellow Class last year and already knew where things were in the room. I caught this sweet moment during circle time.

Anna's first day. I had difficulty getting her to smile normally.
I'm pretty sure that Anna doesn't miss us at all while she's at school. She absolutely loves it. Last year I struggled to get a ton of information from her but this year she has been giving me so much more detail. It's so fun watching her grow up!
A weak attempt at a family picture.
It was much easier getting smiles from Jane on her first day.
Jane's first, first day of school!
As I mentioned earlier Jane is in the same class that Anna was in last year, the Yellow Class. Anna was one of the older kids in the class with a fall birthday (most in that class are spring/summer-they just had an opening) but Jane is one of the youngest with a summer birthday. It's nice that we already know 3 out of 4 of the teachers and that Jane has been to the building so many times for drop off/pick up and other various school events.
So far both kids seem to be doing great. Anna stays for an extended day once a week and it seems to be the best thing ever. She loves taking a lunch with her and eating with the other kids. Jane has been doing fine but I think it has taken her a couple weeks to adjust to the new routine. One day she cried after class because they didn't paint (the poor kid thought that she would get to paint every time in preschool since they did in Young Explorers nearly every week). Her favorite part of the day is snack time. 😊





No comments:
Post a Comment