August brought the end of several activities...many that we've been involved in for a long time. It was a little bittersweet saying goodbye.
Our first "last" was Activity School. Anna hadn't gone regularly since January but Jane was still going and Anna went a few times over the summer. We've been going to McCracken's for 2 years now so it was hard to say goodbye. We may still go on days when school is out or possibly for gymnastics but it's not the same. Even Anna was a little sad on Jane's last day (I took her as a walk-in that morning) and teared up. She knows we're moving next year (have I mentioned that on here???) so the goodbyes this month seemed a little tougher for her as I think the reality of this is sinking in.
We also finished up swim lessons this month. I would love to keep going, especially since Anna started swimming underwater the last couple months. Jane was also just staring to put her face in more so I think she was about to take off like Anna did right after that point. We'd been going to Midwest Scuba and Swim and while they are amazing there it is a little expensive. With tuition for both girls in preschool it just adds up. We also thought it would be good to take a break from "extra" activities until everyone gets settled into school. Plus there are other activities Anna and Jane are interested in and I'm trying to keep them from being too overscheduled (which is hard because there are soooo many fun things to do and try!)
A video from swim when Anna first stared going underwater. It's from my phone so not the best quality.
We also had to say goodbye to Miss Ali and our Young Explorers Class. Anna began this program right after she turned 3 and we've really enjoyed it. There have been 3 teachers and we've liked all of them for different reasons. Lenexa is starting a preschool program this fall and incorporating the Young Explorers class into it. I had noticed the shift from more experiments to more of a preschool feel but it's still a fantastic program and an excellent price. Jane went with Anna over the summer and I think it was helpful in prepping her for preschool this fall. It was nice she was able to do it with her sister too.
Over the summer they held the program at Black Hoof Park which is absolutely gorgeous. I took these funny videos one day.
After singing their goodbye song once Miss Ali told them to sing it again and even louder. The super loud voice you hear is Anna. 😊
The last day of Young Explorers was moved back to the community center because of rain. The girls made cards for Miss Ali and I had to get a picture. Ali almost cried saying goodbye but Anna (who had cried on an earlier occasion about this) told Miss Ali that we'd still see each other. This is absolutely true since there are many fun things we like to do through Lenexa!
| Jane, Miss Ali, Anna |
No comments:
Post a Comment