Saturday, December 2, 2017

More September fun!

During our family photo session we spotted this amazing tire swing and we promised Anna and Jane we could play for a little bit before we had to leave. I love this picture. 

Anna loves climbing trees. 

I'm not certain what Jane enjoys more. Climbing trees or doing whatever Anna does. 

Topeka friends should definitely check out Ilif Commons. I wish it wasn't so humid and that we were had on better walking clothes or I think we could have stayed a long time walking the trails. 

After pictures we met up with Sparkly Grandma and Uncle Joe for breakfast. 

Later we were able to hang out with Adell for a little bit. 

The Overland Park Arboretum offers free admission on Tuesdays and although the admission is very reasonably priced we try to stick to those days. There was a nice afternoon so last minute we decided to head over and spend some time there. There is so much space and it is lovely to walk around the pond and various gardens. In the children's area they have a train running that the kids absolutely love. It even runs underneath in a few places. This photo of Anna and Jane watching the train cracks me up every time. 

A darling little girl on her tricycle. 


On Monday mornings it is just Jane and me while Anna is in preschool. We do a variety of things from playdates with friends, playing at home, and sometimes we run errands including Target runs. Typically a trip to Target involves stopping in for coffee and juice. 

One day we ran in for a couple things at Target. I hadn't intended to stop for drinks that day but Jane saw the cafe and stated... "I think maybe we need to stop in there". It was a Monday...I couldn't really argue with her so we did. 

One morning we went out to Roe Park to play with some friends. We'd been there before for the splash park but we thought it would be fun to just check out the rest of the park. 

It was a warm day but we were still shocked when the water features turned on. We hadn't really dressed for water but I had extra clothes so I gave the kids the go ahead to get wet. They did and they were soaked! It was fun though. Sometimes the spontaneous things are the most fun. 

No comments: