Wednesday, August 21, 2019

May 2018: Aldersgate Preschool and Dance

Major flashback here. School just started for both Anna and Jane and it feels strange looking back to our old preschool. We sure loved our time at Aldersgate Preschool! These photos are from the end of year picnic. I did my best to get photos with all the amazing teachers that the girls had at their time there. 

Ms Kari from the Yellow Class. Both Anna and Jane had her when in yellow class and for Lunch and Learn. 
Ms Kari
Ms Susan. Jane had her in Yellow Class and both had her for Lunch and Learn
Ms Susan 
Ms Laura from Yellow Class. I loved all the teachers but I really loved Ms Laura. She retired this year and it was so wonderful both girls were able to have her. 

Ms Laura and Jane

Ms Laura from Yellow Class
Ms Laura and Anna

Ms Gretchen from Yellow Class. Both girls also had her when in yellow class and for Lunch and Learn. 


Director Ms Cyndi. She was so amazing and made our time there absolutely incredible. 


Ms Trudie from Red Class. One of Anna's teachers. 
Ms Trudie
Ms Janel from Red Class. 
Ms Janel
Ms Lori from Red Class. 

Ms Lori
It was sad saying goodbye to everyone. We're so happy we were a part of the Aldersgate family. 


Spring of 2018 we enrolled both girls in dance through the Lenexa Community Center. I liked how laid back they were and it was very afforadable. Perfect for this age group. Anna had done it the previous spring and Jane was thrilled to join her. 


The dance recital was at a very chaotic time for us. We were living in the apartment and had just closed on our house so we were there most evenings working on cleaning, painting, etc so we could get ready for carpet installation and move in. Because of the craziness I didn't do the best job at getting photos of Jane's first dance recital. It was super cute though and I did get it recorded althought the files are too large to load here. 

Thier tap dance was Surfin' USA. They forgot many steps but it was darling and I loved it. 



The ballet number was to Honor to Us All from Mulan. They looked adorable. 

I love Anna's face in this photo. I think she was seeing all of us in the audience but not sure. 



 The previous year there was a father-daughter dance but this year it was mother-daughter. We did Wonder Woman nd it was fun. 

We had quite the crowd come to cheer the girls on.  

I think Kevin was a little bummed he didn't get to the dance with both Anna and Jane. 








We had a lot of fun but I was secretly (or not so secretly) happy to be done with dance so we didn't have to keep driving south for rehearsals. 

No comments: