Saturday, October 18, 2008

Kansas Week 4

The final few days of our trip was pretty busy as well. We started off Sunday getting ready for Patti's sister's family coming over for Sunday lunch. It was definitely a full house by the time we got both of Bill and Connie's kids families over as well as Kevin's cousin Vince from the Kent side. We ate Italian food to our hearts content. It was a blast being able to visit and see how much all the kids had grown. It was my first time getting to see Jamie and Tony's new baby Derek so I was is baby heaven!

After everyone left Kevin and I took a spin around Lake Shawnee on James' moped. That thing was pretty awesome and it was perfect for taking in all the scenery. The rest of the evening was spent hanging out with Kevin's brothers and enjoying our last bit of time together.


Monday was mostly spent running last minute errands around town. Kevin stopped by my parents house to say goodbye to the kids since his flight was leaving earlier than mine the next day. Afterward we headed back to the Kent's to enjoy one last dinner. Naturally there was ping pong to follow (the table was a gift for Kevin's Dad's birthday) and card games. I eventually left to head back to my parents house since I was staying the night over there. I still had a lot of my stuff from the last couple of weeks over there and I wanted to take the kids to Laura's in the morning so I could say goodbye to Laura.

Hailie ended up being sick and stayed home from school Tuesday which I must admit I sort of enjoyed. She hung out in my room watching t.v. while I packed and we got to talk. We picked up Seth a little early from school and once Mom got home from work we were pretty much ready to head to the airport. We did take a few last minute pictures.

This one is a favorite of mine. There is a short story behind the stuffed animals so I will fill you in quickly. I am holding Puffy which is my Puffalump that I got when I was 4 years old. She was my favorite stuffed animal and I slept with her every night. Wanting to find a Puffalump for Hailie I searched ebay for awhile until I found a pink version in perfect condition. I immediately bought her and gave her to Hailie my first night in town. She named her Sophy and now loves her also. Seth thought that was pretty cool and in talking to Mom we remembered that Cheryl used to have a Puffalump named Michael and we were pretty sure he was in the basement somewhere. She never took to Michael the way I did Puffy so he was in pretty good shape too. Once we found him, Seth fell in love with him so now we all had Puffalumps. They pretty much slept with them every single night.


Here are Seth's Chuck Taylors which he is obcessed with. He wanted to take a picture of them and I thought it was pretty adorable.


It was hard saying goodble to everyone especially after having been around for so long. It was time though and I will never forget the weeks I got to spend with our families.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog, enjoying your pictures and feeling your love for Hailie and Seth. What an amazing time you had in Kansas - very memorable for everyone. Love, Aunt Sandy