Monday, June 8, 2009

Even more Kansas

On Thursday night Kevin went out with his brothers and was hanging out with them on Friday until he, Joe, James, and Scott all went to a Bachelor Party in K.C.

I was fortunate enough to be able to coordinate a day to see all my church girls. Kara drove in from Emporia and we all met up to meet Heather's baby, Avery, and then go to lunch. This was the first time that either Lindsey or I had every seen Avery and I was so excited. I couldn't believe we were all able to get together at once and it was absolutely wonderful to catch up.

I love all these ladies and I love that no matter how long it is in between our visits it always feels natural and we simply pick up where we left off. I am incredibly lucky to have them in my life.


While Kevin was in K.C. I went to Seth's softball game. Although his team lost (I'm pretty sure they don't really care about the score), Seth made two hits and scored a run!!!Saturday morning was designated for bike riding practice without training wheels.

Hailie was doing really well, but I think she may have been a little nervous. It didn't help that it was super HOT!!! We will have to practice another time when it's not as bad.

In the heat was Hailie's softball practice.


After practice we went over to the Kent's again with the kids so they could play and see Bella. I love this picture of Kevin with the kid's on the stairs drinking their kool-aid.
On our way back to take the kid's home a car attempted to make a left turn when they shouldn't have. We tried to stop the car but our collision was inevitable. Luckily everyone was okay...just a little shaken up. The driver of the other car admitted fault and then told me and Kevin she had been in 16 wrecks before. We were pretty much speechless..... She has good insurance though so things have worked out and most importantly we were all left unharmed.

We were late for dinner back with the Kent's, but once we got there we had a blast. I misplaced my camera and didn't find it again until Sunday so I don't have any pictures. All of Kevin's immediate family was there as well as the Watkins' (close family friends). We had a blast playing Cranium and laughing. Later in the evening a few of us stayed up to play Singstar.... a karaoke favorite.

Sunday Kevin and I went to church with Patti and then had lunch and did some packing for our trip home. Before we left, we were able to get a family picture. It is the first one with everyone including Serena, Thomas' fiance. It is going to wonderful having another girl! We are still outnumbered, but we're getting there.

As usual, it was hard to say goodbye. Our week home was wonderful and we are already looking forward to our next trip home.

No comments: