Last weekend I was back in Kansas for a wedding for Tiffany, a neighbor of mine growing up. I took a red eye and left at midnight on Thursday. Even with the extra leg room that the exit row offers, I still didn't sleep much that night. Mom picked me up Friday morning and we had a nice morning and then lunch in Lawrence. We were hoping to grab a nap, but Rudy (the Copp cat) had to be taken to the vet with a leg injury.
Then it was time to pick the kid's up from Aunt Laura's. Check out these scooter moves.

One leg!!!!

Seth had a ball game that night. Here he is all decked out.

The wedding was in Kansas City, so we headed there in the afternoon and got checked into our hotel. Aren't the kids just adorable!

I love his smile.

Hailie is too cute with the curls!

Aren't the guys handsome with their ties?!!!

Group shot outside the church.

I was determined to get a picture with Tiffany...isn't she beautiful? We have a picture of us as kids with us dressed up. Tiff was in a wedding dress and I was in another dress that Grandma Koch made and we were putting on make up. We had such wonderful times together!! It was also great to see some of the other old neighborhood gang. That is one of the best parts of weddings!!

After the reception we had to go for a swim.

We swam more on Sunday and then headed to Legends so we'd be close to the airport. This water fountain outside the movie theatre could entertain for hours.

Just me with my Mom and Dad!

It was a whirlwind trip, but it was great. Hailie was so upset about me leaving and that really got to me. She said to me in the car..."Cara, it just won't be the same without you" Things like that break my heart every time. I'm not sure when our next visit will be, but I'm already looking forward to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment