We arrived in Kansas on Sat. the 23rd. My Mom, Hailie and Seth picked us up from the airport. It was so wonderful to see their faces! We already knew it had been way too long since we'd been back, but Seth looked shy for a brief moment and that really broke my heart. (He got over it in about 10 seconds though) After getting our bags, grabbing lunch, heading back to Topeka and seeing my dad for a bit....we headed over to Kevin's Mom and Dad's place for dinner!
As usual...the food was great (thanks Patti) and it just felt fantastic to be with family.
Kevin and his Momma.
Jimbo!!
That evening a little relaxing. I love this picture!
On Sunday we kept busy with church, lunch, and play. For Memorial Day we spent the day over at the Kent's. There was a HUGE gathering and we were able to see a lot of family and friends. Some people we'd seen last Sept., but others it had been even longer that. Here is Kevin with some of his brothers playing volleyball.
For dinner we headed out to Auburn for a Copp family gathering. We were celebrating numerous birthdays along with our Memorial Day celebration. It was such a beautiful day and we got so lucky to escape any rain. After some people had left I went with Kevin, Dad, and the kids to hit a few balls at the ball field to get in a little more practice for Seth's ball game. Here they are after practice.
Dad let Kevin try out his fancy mower out at the farm too. Seeing Kevin on that thing made me think of the stories I've heard about him riding his grandparents mower into a fence when he was younger :)
We stopped by Uncle David's grave out at the Auburn Cemetery to finish off the day. I had some beautiful shots from the cemetery looking out towards Grandad's and Uncle Wayne's land. On Tuesday Kevin spent some quality time with his Dad and brother's playing golf out at Lake Shawnee. Kevin didn't have the camera so I don't have any pictures...but I doubt he would have taken any anyway.
I got some quality time in with the kids.
Glam girls!! Being goofy.
Mom and I went shopping for summer clothes for the kids. I never get to go shopping with them so I had fun picking out cute outfits for them. I love this picture of Hailie. She was giving us a fashion show with her new outfits and I told her to give me attitude.... It cracks me up every time.
This just gets us through the day after Memorial Day, but I'm working on my other posts so they'll be up soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment