It has taken me FOREVER to try and get to this post. I've had the photos loaded on my computer since I got back, but I just haven't taken the time to post them. Better late then never I suppose.
I was lucky enough to get time off of work that matched up with spring break back in Kansas. It was nice because Hailie and Seth were out of school, my mom was off, and my dad was able to take a couple days off from work too.
I bought the kid's new games for their DSI's, and this is what things were like right afterward. I couldn't even get them to look up from the games to smile for a picture.

I did, however, explain to them that their brains would go to mush if they played too much, so I was able to peel them away.

I wanted to do a project with my mom while I was home, but we didn't want to do anything too big since even a week can manage to fly by in the blink of an eye. We tacked Seth's closet. Mom went through things to get rid of and I painted. It's been the plan to do this since the new carpet went in the bedroom...but everyone knows how hard it is to find time. We got rid of a lot of stuff and now it is going to be much easier to organize. I actually love to paint, but I don't ever get to do it here since we are renting. I managed to talk my mom into starting to paint the basement office. She tried to talk me out of it, but I insisted. We weren't able to finish, but there is a definite plan in the works.
Here we are cleaned up from all of our hard work.

One great thing about this trip, was that I was able to catch up with old friends. I hadn't seen Laura in almost 2 years. It was wonderful catching up and reminiscing about our college days. It is hard to believe it has been nearly 4 years. We had dinner and spent hours chatting like no time had passed at all. It was fantastic.

For St. Patrick's day Mom and I decided to take Hailie and Seth to the parade downtown. It was really cold out so we had to really bundle up to stay warm. This picture cracks me up since Seth has no teeth and his hat is way too big.

Those dang horses in the background were making me nervous. One got spooked by a band and was standing with it's back legs just a little too close for comfort. They finally took them away from the crowd and let them calm down a bit.

Overall, the parade was just okay. There wasn't a lot of energy (probably because it was so cold) and there wasn't much candy. Those who did give out candy weren't very good at throwing it around and we were definitely ready to go. We headed to the library for awhile to wait out traffic. We stocked up on kid's books and learned about sea urchins from the fish tank.

By the time we left the library, it was warm and sunny. Gotta love that Kansas weather.
Later in the week I met up with Heather and her daughter Avery at the zoo. It wasn't long enough (never is), but I loved every second of it.

Avery has changed so much since I saw her last May. It is still hard to believe that Heather is a mommy and that Avery is a year old already.

I have my pictures up for the rest of my trip, so I will do my best to get the typing part done tomorrow. Then I can post my K-State cookies that I made last week for the Xavier game. More to come soon!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment