Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Break Continued

Before it got cold and snowed at the end of my week in Kansas, we had a little really nice weather. Last May when Kevin and I were both back we were working a little with Hailie and Seth on riding their bikes without training wheels. Back then they were getting there, but a little unsteady. This time they couldn't be stopped! We enjoyed the sunny day and rode around the block a few times. Lance Armstrong better watch out!!!!


Before the cold front came in and dropped snow on us, we did manage to get a little playground time in.

Ignore the 'No Climbing' sign on the step of the train. We did. (Hopefully that doesn't make me a bad aunt)
It got really cold really fast while we were out there and we had to run to the car when the wind picked up. We did stop for a crazy picture though. This is Seth's favorite face to make right now.
After the park we went to the Y with Dad to do a little swimming. That day, Seth just wasn't ready to put his face in the water. Since then (less than 2 weeks ago), he has mastered the art in the bathtub and is ready to show off his new skill at the pool tomorrow. So much happens so fast!

That night was a Copp family dinner. We were celebrating my cousin Levi's 20th B-day, cousin Chris' 31st, and Aunt Sandy's 60th (even though she couldn't be there). Happy Birthday everyone!

I didn't get to talk to everyone as much as I would have liked....but there is just never enough time on any of our trips home. It was still a wonderful evening though despite the sleet that began to fall.
Next, I headed over to the Kent house to celebrate Patti's 49th B-day. I was lucky enough to get to see Kevin's Mom and Dad as well as all of his brother's and Serena. We had lots of laughs playing Guesstures and although brief...it was a wonderful visit. Except the part when Dallas peed on the floor. (That's a dog in case you were wondering)
Just the girls!! I'm very excited to officially welcome Serena to the family this June when she and Thomas get married.
The plan for Saturday was for Lindsey (roommate in college) and I to drive to Emporia to meet up with Kara (another church friend). Because of the snow, however, we didn't know if it would be a good idea to be on the road. I was very sad to miss out on seeing Kara, but Lindsey and I were able to get together and catch up over a cup of coffee.

I've said it before, but I just love it when you can get together with someone that you haven't seen in a long time and just catch up like no time has passed at all. We had the best visit and it reminded me of how lucky I was to live with Lindsey throughout my time at Washburn.
Later that day with chili going in the crockpot, we were getting geared up for the K-State game against BYU. I needed a new KSU shirt, so the kids and I set out on a mission for new clothes. This simple mission turned into a mini shopping spree and somehow both kids ended up with new clothes and shoes and even a hat for Hailie. I just can't help myself when it comes to those two!
Before the game we enjoyed our chili and cornbread and tried to get a few family shots taken.
Hailie was in the middle of an "I'm not going to smile for you" stretch (which apparently I did on more than one occasion as a child), but I think we still got a few good shots. We were very happy when K-State won to make it to the Sweet 16! Go Wildcats!!!
Here is the hat Hailie got while out. That girl just loves her clothes and is very stylish for an 8 year old (at least I think so). There was actually an entire series of these pics with different expressions and the hat turned differently. Adorable.

I had such a fantastic week back home and I didn't want it to end. There is never quite enough time to do all the things you want to do and to just sit and relax and enjoy being with family. Kevin and I will both be back in June for Thomas and Serena's wedding and that is only 2 months away. It is already April though so it will be here before we know it.

No comments: