Friday, April 9, 2010

KSU Cookies

After watching a lot of the tournament with my Dad while I was back in Kansas, I was really excited to watch Kansas State matched up against Xavier. We were having a few people over and I wanted to do something fun to get ready for the game.

A few months ago I was given these 'Message in a Cookie' cutters by Patti and I'd been excited to break them out. Since making roll out cookies can be quite labor intensive I hadn't gotten around to it. Plus, if you are going to make customized cookies you need to have a special event to make them for right? I thought KSU making it to the Sweet Sixteen for the first time in a long time was a good enough reason to break out the cutters.

Even Kevin got into helping me.
It was hard to get the purple as dark as I would have liked, but I still think they turned out pretty well.
It was really fun to make these and I'm excited for another occasion to make them again. The recipe was a little tricky at first, but now that I've done it once I'll know how to improve them next time.

The Xavier game was AMAZING which I'm sure you all know even if the Butler game didn't turn out so well that weekend. Regardless, we were proud of the Wildcats and how far they made it. Can't wait until next year!!!

1 comment:

Wagner said...

That's awesome! Also loved the family picture of you all in purple!
Janell