Friday, June 18, 2010

Kevin's Cake

Kevin's lab is really good about celebrating each others birthdays. There used to be just a couple people that would make the cakes each time, but they finally got tired of it and they decided to try a new approach. Now, you have to make the cake for the next persons birthday after yours. Since Kevin's birthday was last month it was his turn to make one for Minsub.

He'd had a plan for what he wanted to do for quite some time. Kevin did most of the work on his own too. I only got him lined out with the ingredients and cookware (I realize he doesn't know where very many things are in the kitchen), gave occasional tips, and helped clean up. I did get to help frost a little bit though.
Kevin in action.
Ta-dah!!! I think it turned out fabulous! (Inspiration...Minsub was recently married and loves chocolate almost as much as Kevin does) The cake must have been good because it was devoured by his lab (including the un-frosted parts Kevin cut off for the tiers.) I wouldn't know first hand because Kevin didn't save me a piece :( I gave him a hard time about it, but I think I had my fill of sugar tasting some of the frosting.
I just dropped off Kevin at the airport a couple of hours ago to head to Eddie's wedding in Iowa. I leave tomorrow for Kansas and we'll meet up again on Sunday when he gets into town. Only one more week until Thomas' wedding!!

No comments: