This year for my birthday we headed down to Phoenix for a long weekend. Amy and I had been talking about rafting down the salt river since last August and we've been planning this trip for quite some time.
We flew in Thursday morning and enjoyed lunch with Amy. After that we spent the day swimming and hanging out poolside. It was incredibly relaxing and just what we needed! Kevin was pretty tired so he headed to bed early and Amy and headed out to 'La Boca' for a little girl time. It was so nice being able to catch up in person

On Friday Amy handed me a Birthday Princess tiara and I was instructed to wear it all day even though I didn't even know where we were going. We left Kevin for a little while (he had some grading to do anyway), and I finally got to find out what Amy had in store for me. It was a spa day! We had facials, mani/pedis, and a back massage! I felt completely spoiled and enjoyed every second of it.

That night Amy's boyfriend Brent made us a tasty salmon dinner and we had ice cream cake! Everything was delicious!

After a delightful dinner we headed to downtown Phoenix to meet up with Dustin so we could go out dancing.

The first place we went was okay. The music wasn't that great for dancing, but we did get to see a little fireworks display from the Diamondbacks game nearby.
Group shot!

We finally headed over to a different club and we were finally able to dance! I kept forgetting that I had the tiara on and I would occasionally get strange looks from people. It was a great conversation starter though and it got me lots of "Happy Birthdays".

The next day was our Salt River day! As I said before I'd been looking forward to this trip for some time. I was advised not to take my camera onto the raft even though I really really wanted pictures. I ended up taking the advice and just took a few while we were inflating the rafts.
It was really hot, but once we were in the water it felt fantastic.

The scenery was amazing as well!

Brent has a few friends that are really into tubing every year and let us borrow one of their 8 person rafts. It was incredible. We ended up fitting all 9 of us in there and could have probably fit more since we weren't all using the designated seats the whole time. We tied a couple of other smaller rafts to the big one for our cooler of beer, water, watermelon, grapes, and snacks. The middle of the big raft was mesh so it allowed water in but we could still stand in it. It was perfect for cannonballs and wrestling!

The day was a blast and ended way too quickly. Thankfully none of us got sunburns. Kevin made sure to pull out the sunscreen frequently and we all reapplied. We were pretty tired by the end of the day from being out in the sun so we had a pretty low key evening. My only regret of the day was that as we were exiting the raft I lost my tiara. :(
Phoenix was amazing, but it was so hot! I was glad to be leaving before the expected 112 degree Monday!
Amy, Kevin, and I all grabbed brunch on Sunday before we had to head back for the airport.

We couldn't resist getting a picture coming off of the plane in San Jose.

I had so much fun hanging out with Amy, Dustin, and Brent. I was so glad Kevin was able to come with met his time and have some fun with us. It was his first time in Phoenix and I think he had a good time! The weekend flew by way too quickly as usual. Hopefully Amy and Brent will be able to come out here this fall for a football game. I need to get Dustin out here sometime too.
No comments:
Post a Comment