In addition to watching Stanford's narrow defeat over the Arizona State Sun Devils (which was a little nerve racking) and finally purchasing a new camera, Kevin and I also ran in a 5k this weekend. The race was for Habitat for Humanity and took place on Stanford campus. Brian recently started running and is getting ready for a 5k after Thanksgiving in San Francisco, but he decided to go ahead and do this race to help him get ready.
A little pre-race snack.

We were experimenting with the macro mode on the camera. It did quite well I think.

Brian and Kevin getting warmed up for the race. This weekend we hit record highs in the Bay with temps in the mid 70's. It made for gorgeous race weather in the morning but it is a little strange knowing that it is mid November.

I ended up running the
exact same time as my last 5k which is a little weird. I didn't feel as good this race since I haven't been running much lately so I was a little surprised my time wasn't slower. Kevin knocked off over a minute and felt much better about his run.

I was so proud of Brian for finishing his first 5k!


Kevin made me pose for the camera while he played with some of the settings.

I heard about this event through a lady at my work. Melanie and her husband had done the walk the last couple of years and was able to recruit me and another co-worker, Chris to join in. After the event Kevin and I headed over to Chris' house (she lives right next to campus) for a little brunch. It was lovely being able to spend some time together outside of work. I enjoyed getting to know them both a little better.
Chris, Melanie, and me.

After yummy keish, scones, fruit and coffee we headed out for Kevin's first flag football play off game. I had fun sitting out in the beautiful weather and playing with my new camera.
Jeff's interception.

Daryl's successful pass to Kevin which he carried for a few yards.

They ended up winning their game by quite a bit and look forward to their next playoff game in a couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment