Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year Kevin and I decided to host a Thanksgiving at our apartment again. Since it wasn't 20+ people like last year when Kevin's lab came over we were able to actually set a table. Luckily we had two tables from tailgating still in our possession so it made having that much table space a possibility. We did have to rearrange the couches in order to fit both of them but we made it work.

Here is our setup before everyone came over. Notice the napkins folded into 'birds of paradise'....that was all Kevin. He spent what seemed like forever working them just before people started coming over. (In case you hadn't guessed I was mildly irritated by this but they turned out really nice.)





We ended up putting the tables end to end when a couple people showed up right before we ate (we thought they were stopping by later on), but amazingly enough we still had enough room.

Kevin used the same brine recipe from last year and the turkey tasted fabulous. It is possibly the best turkey I have ever eaten.


Jason, Dennis, Kevin, Jean, Megan.
Miguel, KB, Minsub's wife (I forgot her name), Minsub, Moria, Brian, and half of Colin
After dinner Moria and I went for a walk to make ourselves feel better about all the food we ate. I was actually pretty good this year about not overeating but it still felt good to get outside instead of just sitting down.
Later on we played several games and were able to really just enjoy each other's company. We played Cranium, Taboo, Taboo Charades, and Singstar. I think that Miguel enjoyed his first ever Thanksgiving.

For some reason I was inspired to make party favors for everyone who came to our place for the holiday. The boxes themselves were bought....all I had to do was fold and tape them into place, but the stamping and handles were all me. I filled them with Lindor Balls and I was proud of how they turned out.Luckily I didn't have to work until 2pm the next day because we stayed up way too late playing our karaoke game. It was a wonderful evening and I was so happy that so many of our friends were able to come over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your table setting looked beautiful!