This past weekend we headed out to our 5th and likely last graduate student formal. It was once again at the Computer History Museum not far from our apartment so we took a cab over to the party. We were messing with some things on the camera and I didn't end up getting very many good pictures so I only have a few posted.
Sarah, Jonathan, and Kevin while we were waiting in line to enter the museum.
I was so excited to see our friend Scott at the formal! I had to take a picture to prove we were at the same event at the same time.
It is fun to get a little dressed up every now and then and to dance the night away. The D.J. was okay...he played better songs than some in the past but they wouldn't turn the lights off over the dance floor. The staff kept saying they were the emergency lights and they couldn't turn them off with that many people there. That was a little frustrating because it was just too darn bright.(They have been off every other year and the D.J.'s assistant told us they work at the venue all the time and the lights are always off)
At one point this rap group came out and 'performed' halfway through the night. I felt a little bad for the group. They were not in the right crowd and there were all these technical difficulties. Everyone there got really impatient waiting for the mediocre number. Not sure who decided to hire them but hopefully their next gig goes better for them!

No comments:
Post a Comment