Monday, May 30, 2011

Intermural Games

A few weekends ago Stanford held their annual Inner Tube Water Polo Tournament. Kevin has been able to play in the tournament for the last couple of years but I have always had to work. Luckily this year I was able to play.

It was a pretty day but I was still appreciative of the heated pools. Here we are waiting to play our second game (after losing our first ).


Our team was a combination of Chemistry and Biology Students and our second game was against another Chemistry team. We started off behind but were making a comeback but we ran out of time (They were only 10 minute games). I think we could have done better if we had put people in better positions. Three of the Bio guys weren't really into the whole team thing and just wanted to be on offense. I think if they had taken turns of defense and let a few of the faster people play midfield we may have had a better chance.

This picture of me happens to be one where I was just flipped out of my tube and I was trying to get back in. The girl I was guarding was really irritating me and I wanted to flip her too but I wasn't very good at it.
I got fed up and subbed myself out and let Kevin flip her a few times. He then moved on to flipping their lead scorer (Daryl has a powerful arm) over and over again. Luckily he and Kevin are friends or he may not have taken it so well.

We stuck around after our elimination from the tournament and then a handful of us were able to get in and scrimmage. That was the most fun I had the entire day...it was a blast! I just wish I had remembered to get a team photo!

This past weekend Kevin's softball team had playoffs. Kevin is the pitcher.

Kevin isn't the best batter of the team but he did have one hit that brought someone in for a run so I think he was pretty pleased with that.


After their win to make it to the World Series!

At this point I left. It was really really cold that day and despite covering myself in all of the guys' sweatshirts I was freezing. I made it to the car just as it started raining. It only rained for a bit but I was happy not to be in it. They lost their final game but it was exciting to make it that far.

Team Photo! Good job Chemical Abuse!
In a few weeks the summer league begins so maybe they'll take the championship there!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: