There are a lot of May birthday's in our little group and we like to celebrate when we can. This one was for Sarah. It is probably the last birthday we'll get to spend with her since she is moving next month :(

I wish I could claim that I made this cake but I can't. There is this amazing bakery in Palo Alto called 'The Prolific Oven' where we purchased this guy. Chocolate Rum Cake...Yummy!
Colin is one on the other May birthday's and we celebrated his the week before. I arrived late since I had to work for someone and I didn't remember to bring my camera so I don't have any photos. Andrea (sitting) next to Colin is his girlfriend who just moved here from Canada. They have been doing the long distance relationship thing for the last 5 years so I know they are both happy to be living in the same city. It has been fun getting to know Andi a little better.
Later this week Sarah will be defending her thesis which as you can imagine can be a very stressful event. Moria and her sister made a care package for me a few years ago for my board exams and we decided we should do something similar for Sarah. We we created a 'Thesis Defense Preparation Package'. Contents included Calming body wash, Relaxing body butter, dessert wine, snacks, and a fake mouse, and a few other inside joke items. (Sarah works with mice doing cancer research in case you were wondering about the mouse). We decorated the tub and enjoyed giving it to her yesterday. I think she appreciated it....I know I did when I received mine.
Colin is one on the other May birthday's and we celebrated his the week before. I arrived late since I had to work for someone and I didn't remember to bring my camera so I don't have any photos. Andrea (sitting) next to Colin is his girlfriend who just moved here from Canada. They have been doing the long distance relationship thing for the last 5 years so I know they are both happy to be living in the same city. It has been fun getting to know Andi a little better.
Cheese!
Later this week Sarah will be defending her thesis which as you can imagine can be a very stressful event. Moria and her sister made a care package for me a few years ago for my board exams and we decided we should do something similar for Sarah. We we created a 'Thesis Defense Preparation Package'. Contents included Calming body wash, Relaxing body butter, dessert wine, snacks, and a fake mouse, and a few other inside joke items. (Sarah works with mice doing cancer research in case you were wondering about the mouse). We decorated the tub and enjoyed giving it to her yesterday. I think she appreciated it....I know I did when I received mine.


No comments:
Post a Comment