First we headed to lunch after arriving in Kansas City. The kids were pretty excited to see Uncle Kevin!
For some reason I just really love this picture.
My Mom was quite the chef while we were in town. She has mastered the grill for sure. One of the best parts of summer is all the tasty fresh fruits and veggies...delish!
We had the Copp family over to celebrate a few birthdays that hadn't been properly celebrated. It was nice seeing everyone and I was glad so many people made it.
Grandmom and Dad
Thomas and Serena were house sitting that weekend so we headed over there with Kevin's brothers to hang out. The guys played a little friendly game of poker while Serena and I enjoyed a chance to visit and catch up. Serena and Thomas are currently expecting their first baby and are due in November. It was nice getting to hear about how she is doing...I'm excited to be an aunt again!
Here we are before heading out to the reunion. The organizer of the event had more stuff planned for us but there was a lack of responses so she just reserved a private area of a bar for a few hours and let people mix and mingle. There was definitely a low turnout but I did enjoy seeing the people that did show up. I didn't take any pictures so this is it for that evening.
After the reunion ended we headed back to my parents house to play a little game of marbles with the family.
The girls were champions again although it was a pretty close game!
Mom and Dad were singing in a special choir for church on Father's Day and they also had a duet. I enjoyed getting to hear them sing together...it has been awhile. The choir had to wear red and black and the kid's dressed to match so I couldn't resist a family picture.
Kevin had to leave that evening and we were headed to his parent's house for lunch so this was goodbye for the kids.
We were sad to see Kevin go but we had a lot of fun the rest of my visit.


No comments:
Post a Comment