Thursday, June 30, 2011

A few more days

I've had these pictures loaded for awhile now so let's see if I can finish this post up. After Kevin's departure we still had a lot of fun the next few days. We went and watched 'Mr Popper's Penguins' which was a cute movie. It was a slightly tamed down version of Jim Carrey which I actually prefer and the kids love penguins (I must agree they are awfully cute).
There was a lot of just hanging out and enjoying each other's company. It is just nice being around everyone.


I did make a road trip to Emporia to visit my good friend Kara. Kara was only 4 days from her due date when I visited and it was wonderful to be able to see her and catch up. Abby Sue finally arrived a week after that on July 1st and now I can't wait to meet her! 
We took a few pictures in the baby's room. Ryan and Kara did a fantastic job painting and decorating the room. The three of us went to lunch and it was nice to hear about how they have been doing with the pregnancy and the excitement of waiting for their first baby. 


I was really glad that I went to Emporia during the day because that night there was some weather that I wouldn't have necessarily wanted to be driving in. We don't have thunderstorms in the Bay Area and you don't realize how much you miss the lightening storms until you see it again. 
The lightening was far enough away that we were able to sit inside to watch everything. It has to have been at least 3 years since I've seen fantastic lightening and it was brilliant! Getting a normal face on both kids at the same time was impossible so I just picked my favorite.

Here we are at Taco Bell. Mom used to take me and Cheryl here when we were younger and we always had a really fun time. Hailie and Seth really loved it too...they kept talking about going back to Taco Bell. 
Cheese!



The time flew as expected and it was already time to head back to the airport. Hailie was set on coming with me. She even packed a suitcase. Contents included: swimsuit, wii remote, sweater, pajamas, sunglasses, underwear, and Sophie (her puffalump). I really want to get both the kids out here sometime. I have so much I would love to show them. If we end up staying out here a little longer we may have that chance!

Family photo shoot before heading to Kansas City.




We headed to K.C. a little early so us girls would have a chance to check out this store called Charming Charlie's that Mom had heard about. Hailie had a blast trying on all the different hats so I felt it called for a collage. The crown headband was a fan favorite and Seth thought it was comical as well.



The kids are growing up so fast it is hard for me to wrap my head around. I just love them so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Cara, I can't see any of the pictures on this post. They are just little white boxes with red x's. Is it just me?

Love you, Aunt Laura