This Friday was a day of celebration. Sarah defended her thesis the day before and passed...she is now Dr. Sherlock! Normally Sarah can't miss Friday's because of a weekly meeting with her advisor but that day she didn't have to go in. We took the opportunity to have a girls day to celebrate both Sarah's accomplishment and my birthday.
Sarah, Moria, Andi, and I headed to downtown Palo Alto and had a late lunch before hitting up happy hour. Here we are with 'The Hurricane' (Don't worry...there were four of us at work on this thing).
Later on in the evening the guys walked over from campus to join us. Brett was in this picture but I opted to crop him out since he had 'crazy eyes' after my pop up flash startled him.
Brian and Moria
As the evening wore on more and more people trickled in.
Bettina, Sarah, Scott, and Brian.
Laura, Andi, Daryl, and Colin
Even though we were having a blast celebrating we called it a somewhat early evening since some of us had to get up early the next day for the REI used gear sale. I think I'll do a separate post for that but I'll go ahead and say that it was an experience. After the sale I did have to go to work :( but I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived to some beautiful flowers from Patti and Kevin. A couple more of the lilies opened up over night and I am really enjoying them.
After work Sarah was insistent that I come over to do a little something for my birthday. I was tired from the early morning but so happy we went over.
It was strange to load this picture after having just loaded a very similar picture from Sarah's birthday (same apartment, same table, and even the same candles) not too long ago.
Once again Sarah impressed me with her creativity. I think the little flowers are adorable. The number of candles isn't exactly accurate... I'm definitely older than that. According to Kevin's Dad I am 'slightly seasoned'.
After cake we played a few video games including this dancing game that Sarah owns. We managed to get Colin, Jonathan, and Kevin to all play for one round and I won't lie...we had a few good laughs as well as some awesome pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment