The reason for this particular trip to Kansas was a wedding! The Watkins family are extremely close to the Kent family making Carli practically a cousin. Kevin had made arrangements to come back a while back but I only recently procured the time off to attend. (Serena was going to induced early the next week so we were hoping to meet Adell but since she was early that wasn't a problem! :)
The Kent's spent most of the day Friday helping out with set up for the wedding. I didn't make it to Holton until late Friday night but when I got there they were still at it blowing up balloons.
After a little more work Saturday morning the boys had to go and get ready. All of the Kent brother's were usher's for the wedding and they had quite the job (Fitting double the occupancy into the church with people not always cooperating). They did a great job though and looked great doing it.
Serena, Patti, Adell, and Kevin. Patti bought Adell the cutest dress and she looked absolutely adorable in it.
I told you there would be a few more pictures of Adell in here. I just loved meeting her for the first time. I'm looking forward to seeing her again hopefully soon. Hopefully she'll be awake more since she'll be older...I didn't get to see her eyes open much.
I really liked this picture of the married kid's with Adell. Serena was very generous to let me hog her for so long but I eventually gave her back :)
This is another favorite picture of mine. You can just tell how much fun everyone was having and how wonderful it was for Patti and Kevin to have their entire clan together. With us in the Bay area and Joseph in Austin that happens less and less often now so we have to cherish every moment.
One more picture of the baby. Adell is not short of uncle love. When she gets older she is going to have a lot to deal with! :)
There was no shortage of people willing to dance at this reception. From little kid's to older folks...there were always people dancing away.
We were definitely exhausted by the end of the night but it was worth it. I wish I'd gotten better pictures of Carli and Trevor but they looked incredible. I watched them take a moment to stand together on the balcony watching everyone celebrating their big day and I was so happy to see it. Things can get so hectic on your wedding day and them stealing a second away from all of it was awesome.


No comments:
Post a Comment