Tuesday, November 15, 2011

More Kansas!

While the wedding and meeting Adell were the main reasons for this trip we managed to fit in quite a bit more stuff. After cleaning up the reception hall on Sunday we headed out to Auburn for several birthday celebrations. It has been a few trips since both of us have been able to make it out to see the Copp family.
I enjoyed meeting another adorable baby. This is Kieryn, my cousin Steven and Melissa's four month old  baby girl. It felt strange (in a good way) holding an older baby after two week old Adell. 
Great Grandmom, Kieryn, and Hailie
Kevin and I watched Hailie and Seth while my parents were at a concert. Seth has been wanting to unlock Toadette on the Wii MarioKart for ages and we finally did...along with several other characters. Once Toadette was unlocked we all looked at him and you could tell he was trying to hide his excitement and smile. Eventually he couldn't hold it in any more. It was pretty cute!
Hailie isn't much into racing on the Wii so she and I started being commentators for the race. Whenever it was Hailie's turn she ended up just singing for all of us.
The kid's had school so we didn't have a ton of time together. Mom and I did manage to get a few things done. We went through a few boxes of Grandma Koch's dishes so we could decide what was worth keeping /had memories attached. Besides getting rid of several boxes of stuff we also donated at least one box of other old coffee mugs Mom had in the basement from over the years. 
Much too quickly it was time for me to head back to the airport. Mom and I picked up Hailie and Seth a few minutes early from school so I could get there in time. 
Goodbyes are never easy but hopefully we'll be back soon and get to stay a little longer.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: