Sunday, August 5, 2012

Baby Update: 20 and 21 weeks

The last couple weeks have been pretty great. I'm feeling pretty awesome right now for the most part and I'm so grateful for this second trimester. I still get the occasional "mucus vomit" and I've had one random run to a trash can to throw up but there isn't any nausea and that alone is wonderful.

I'm taking a yoga class at the community center twice a week and that has been a lifesaver for me. It really helps out my lower back and I feel better overall doing the class regularly. My instructor is going to be out of town for a couple weeks this month and I'm bummed to miss. Cindy is awesome. She gives me prenatal modifications when needed and throws in hip openers to class sometimes with me in mind. I love her! Luckily she put me into contact with a lady who is doing a prenatal yoga class in town for a few weeks while she has studio access so I'm looking forward to that. It will be fun to meet a few other pregnant ladies in town and learn some more moves custom made for us.

Besides yoga, Kevin and I are trying to swim a little bit. The pool hours are a little strange so it is intermittent but we have fun when we go and it mixes things up. We take walks when the weather is nice and I'm putting the cardio equipment at the community center to use as well. I just have to make sure not to push it too hard or I pay for it the next day.

A week and a half or so ago I felt a few twitches that I thought could possibly be baby movements. They were very light and brief so I couldn't be sure. Well, this last Thursday and Friday I felt them again, a little stronger and for a longer period of time so I was pretty sure it was the baby. Then last night we were sitting on the couch watching the Olympics. I was looking down at my stomach and all of a sudden I saw it move a little bit! I was a little surprised so I kept looking and it did it again. I told Kevin and then he saw it so I knew I wasn't seeing things. He put his hand there and could definitely feel it. Baby K kicked a few more times and it was incredible. I'd heard that with an anterior placenta the "flutters" are sometimes non existent and you go straight to feeling the kicks. I tried pressing on her in the spot where we saw the movement and I managed to get a little more out of her but then the dance party was over. I look forward to many more of these kicks and feeling them get stronger and stronger!

I think there is an actual bump now as well. Even since taking this picture last Wednesday I feel I'm showing a little more. I don't officially need maternity clothes yet since I can still wear my dresses and a couple pairs of jeans but I have started wearing my one pair of maternity capris. They are so much more comfortable and I feel like I actually look pregnant in them instead of a heavy brownie eater.

According to my "What to Expect" app, Baby K is about 8 inches long and around 1 pound...think spaghetti squash. Her sense of touch and sight are developing and her eyelashes and eyebrows should be well formed now too. We're over halfway to getting to see what she looks like! Whoooo hoooo!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there momma! You are doing great. So happy and excited you got to feel baby k kick! Cute baby bump. Love you guys! Serena, Thomas and adell