I wanted to try and get this post up before leaving for Canada is weekend. It may be shorter than normal but we'll see once I get started.
Another two weeks down! I can't believe that I only have a little bit left of my second trimester. It's gone pretty fast and overall it has been pretty pleasant. Only 3 1/2 months left to go!!!

I was pretty excited about this garage sale find we made. I went for a walk one Friday morning and came across a few baby items at a sale. This activity center was priced at $25 and was in really good condition. It was originally $80 and I wasn't sure if they were asking too much for it or not. I didn't have any money on me anyway so I headed home to look up some reviews online and think about what it was worth. Kevin called me a little bit after that and needed me to come pick him up from work for a little bit. I told him about the item and we decided that $15 was a good price for it. We got some cash and Kevin did his negotiating magic and they sold it to us for $15. It has pretty good reviews and for the price I say it's perfect! Just needs cleaned and we'll be set!
| Even Lupin liked it! |
In other exciting news....our crib arrived and we went about putting it together. By 'we' I mean mostly Kevin. I held a few things in place and tightened a few bolts but Kevin gets most of the credit.
I couldn't get a great picture of it at the time (I'll get more up when the room is actually done). We're still working on clearing things out of the room and I didn't have a good spot to take the picture at that moment. We really like the crib though! Thanks Grandma Patti and Grandpa Kevin!
Baby K is in a growth spurt right now and is around 9.2 inches long and about 2 pounds. My fruit comparison for this week is an eggplant (although how they come up with some of these fruit/veggie sizes I don't really know). I haven't been feeling her as much or as strong lately. She moved positions and with my anterior placenta the blows are being muffled. She has also just switched her schedule around and is moving more in the middle of the night so I'm pretty sure I'm sleeping through it (I notice it when I wake up to pee at 2am and 5am). I did see my stomach move again a couple times last night which hadn't happened in a little bit. While I miss feeling her solidly every evening I've been told to enjoy this time because I might miss it when I get a giant kick to a rib later on.
I feel like I look huge in my 25 week picture compared to my 24 week picture. My last appointment two weeks ago I was up 10.25 pounds from week 7. The doctor seemed happy with the gain. I think I've packed on more since then but I decided to only use the office scale for my official weight so I have another couple weeks to see where I'm at.
Physically I'm pretty much feeling the same. I don't sleep amazing because of my bladder and lower back but I'm used to it now. Yoga truly has been amazing for me and I'm enjoying the prenatal yoga class I've started. I'm wondering what heartburn feels like. I felt a little off last night and took a tums and then I was fine. Not sure if it was actually heartburn...I feel like that is one of those 'you know it when you experience it' type of things. I wouldn't mind not having that pregnancy experience but let's not get picky.
I guess that's it for now but the bump watch is actually on now so I don't feel so silly posting all these pictures.
1 comment:
I could feel your excitement while reading this post. How fun to start getting all the baby supplies! You look great!
Aunt Sandy
Post a Comment