Monday, July 23, 2012

Couple's Shower

While back in Kansas Serena hosted a couple's baby shower for us with the help of Theresa and Brandy. It was great getting to see family and friends that we don't get to see very often.
Back: Michelle, Pat, and Kevin. Front:Laura
 Serena, Theresa, and Brandy did a great job and had several fun games for us to play. In one, everyone filled out cards with "wishes for baby". There was a wide range of responses from sincere and sweet to funny and silly. Several people have hopes that Baby K ignores stupid people and also grows up. Some other wishes include learning to talk, laughing loud, and getting a drum set (thanks Mom).

Another game that I enjoyed was blindfolding Kevin and having him try to guess the flavor of baby food. He did pretty well overall but I did not want to be in his position when the beef one came around...boy did it stink!

The "chug beer out of a bottle" game was also very entertaining to watch. Apparently drinking out of a bottle is not that easy!

James was disqualified immediately after removing the nipple and drinking straight out of the bottle.I believe it came down to Kevin and my Dad for the win but Kevin pulled out the victory. I don't think he'll be using a bottle at home anytime soon :) 

Hailie was our gift opening assistant and I think she really enjoyed the whole process. She loves babies and is in heaven now that we're having a cousin for her.

It had been years since we'd seen Laura and we were so happy that she was able to make it!

We have a fantastic start to our baby room now and I'm just sad we have to wait to use everything! It is definitely getting me to work a little more on clearing out the room we are planning on using as a nursery. Thank you so much ladies for this wonderful shower! We had an amazing time and we feel so  lucky to have such incredible people in our life.
Adell, Serena, Brandy, Cara, Theresa
 During our time in Kansas we also bought a second vehicle. One car was perfect during our time in California but a second one before Baby K arrives is a must. We bought a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe and we're excited to have a vehicle with a little more room. Kevin and Patti will be driving the car up for us sometime in August/September when they come to visit. I can't wait!!!  'Eagle-Eye' Kevin (my husband's Dad) spotted a crack in the windshield after we left and took it back to the dealership to get it fixed.

Although I'm going to be back in Kansas in October this is the last time both Kevin and I will be there before our little girl arrives. I feel we made the most of our trip and it was fabulous. I can't wait to go back with all three of us!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: