In Part 2 you'll get to see a rare sight. Grandad holding a tiny baby! This is something that in general he does not do. Well, I guess nobody told Kevin this and before anyone knew what was happening Kevin plopped Anna down in Grandad's arms. I ran to get the camera because I had to document it. The moment was brief because Anna started fussing but here is the proof!
Next stop was my parents house. Kevin and I dropped Anna off and then drove to pick up Hailie and Seth from school. We thought it was a surprise but as soon as they saw us we realized they already knew. The first thing Hailie said was "Where's Anna?".
| Grandad and Anna |

Hailie was pretty stoked to finally get to meet her cousin! She was very helpful too. I remember holding her when she was that young and here she is holding my daughter. Crazy!
![]() |
| Hanging out with Grandpa Chuck! |
Kevin and I had planned on going to church with my family that Sunday. We were over at their house finishing up getting ready to go when I started having some back pain. I look some ibuprofen but it did nothing and in the 10 minutes or so it took to drive to church I was in excruciating pain. Kevin and I had to leave Anna in the arms of my Mom and we were headed to E.R.
Long story short...I had a kidney stone and I'll get to look forward to the pain again in the future because there is one in my other kidney. It wasn't exactly how I'd imagined spending the day on our already short visit but what can you do? Luckily Anna was darling at church and they had a blast showing her off.

Because of the pain medication I was given I wasn't able to nurse Anna for most of the rest of the day. I had one bottle of pumped milk but my freezer stash for emergencies was in Michigan so we had to do formula for the afternoon/evening. What are the chances? Luckily she switched back fine and we've had no problems since.
Although Hailie wanted to see us more at least Anna was over there and she had a blast helping take care of her. That was the longest Kevin and I had both been away from her since she was born. Thank goodness we had the family around so Anna didn't have to hang out in the E.R.
The trip went way too quickly. We so wish we'd had more time and didn't have to waste half a day at the hospital. Hopefully we'll be back very soon and things won't be quite so crazy.
Thank you to everyone who came to see us while we were back and if we missed you this trip hopefully we'll see you next time!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment