Sunday, May 19, 2013

May and Mother's Day

This month we've been trying to enjoy as much time as we can outdoors. After having snow at the beginning of the month we are happy that spring is finally here.

Anna seems to love watching people and especially the dogs playing. When we can we try to go on walks by the lake and she is gradually liking that for longer amounts of time. I'm looking forward to being able to get her in a jogging stroller and get some runs in!

A couple of weeks ago my poor little bug got sick for the first time. She had a croup-like cough and then came down with a fever. I wanted to take her to the Mother-Daughter Tea at my parents church but she stayed home with Daddy instead. 
Grandmom left right before taking this picture!
 Anna was improving but then started sounding very wheezy and congested. On Mother's Day we decided to take her into express care first thing in the morning. She was so happy and alert that the doctor didn't think she looked sick until they actually listened to her breathing. 

They decided to give her a breathing treatment which she HATED. They sent us home with a Rx and we've been giving her treatments several times a day since then. She still cries sometimes but other times she just gives up.
Anna giving up
 We followed up with our pediatrician the next day and she has bronchiolitis. It's an inflammation of the bronchioles in the lungs that occurs after certain viral infections. She was responding to the albuterol so we gave her oral steroids all last week to help speed up recovery. She hated that too and I don't blame her...I tasted a drop and it is pretty nasty stuff. We were pretty relieved when that stuff was gone.

The day before Mother's Day we just hung out at the house with Patti, Serena, and Adell but unfortunately I failed at getting any pictures in. On Mother's Day we were out at Auburn. I also failed at getting pictures out there but I did manage to get in a few that evening at my parents.
Paula with her daughter and granddaughters!
 My first Mother's Day wasn't exactly as I'd imagined being at express care and all but it was still a wonderful day. I'm so lucky to have this beautiful little girl in my life and I love being a Mom to her.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: