Our cute little bug turned 5 months this past weekend! This was, in my opinion, one of the most challenging photo shoots to date. While she was in a good mood for the longest amount of time, she is so squirmy and grabby that it made getting 'the right' pictures difficult. I say that...but then I have fun going through all the pictures and laughing about it so I guess it's okay!

This past month we've seen further development in many of the things she started doing last month. She laughs much more now and we have fun acting crazy to get those giggles. We still haven't been able to get a good video of her laughing yet but hopefully this next month we'll be able to.
This past month we've seen further development in many of the things she started doing last month. She laughs much more now and we have fun acting crazy to get those giggles. We still haven't been able to get a good video of her laughing yet but hopefully this next month we'll be able to.
Last month we loved the pictures of her grabbing the chalkboard but this month they didn't turn out as good because she immediately would try to eat the board. Fairly representative of this age though so I figured I better include one picture!
Anna still hasn't quite managed to roll over from back to stomach yet. She gets soooo close and just can't quite seal the deal. It's kind of fun to watch her try. She seems to enjoy sitting quite a bit and I think she's fairly close to sitting by herself.
Anna continues to be a slobber monkey and will slobber on anything. Her hands, her links, her books, her dress, your hands, your face, etc. We've pretty much come to accept that at the end of the day we'll have saliva on us in some capacity.
Anna's sleep has sort of been all over the place. One week she would eat in the middle of the night and then be wide awake- talking and cooing for 30 minutes or so. While she would put herself back to sleep eventually she was very loud and I had trouble sleeping. Then last week she slept all night for several nights in a row. (She'd slept all night before but only every now and then). Pretty much as soon as I got used to it she decided to wake up at 2am and then 6am to eat. That was a little painful for me but we seem to be back to waking once at night.
Part of the problem is she is easily distracted these days. She's taking in everything around her which is great but makes feeding time more difficult. I've read that this peaks around 5 months so hopefully it will pass soon (and something else will pop up I'm sure).
Anna's hair continues to grow and is staying dark for now. We love her beautiful bright eyes and the way they pull you in. Her eyelashes are getting longer too making those eyes even more captivating. Her cheeks are getting so chubby and so incredibly kissable.
It's crazy that just under a year ago we were telling people that we were expecting and now this amazing baby is here and is growing everyday. It's such a joy to watch her grow and learn. I can't imagine life without our amazing little Anna.

1 comment:
Anna is an expressive cutie. We hope, one day, we get to see her in person. It sounds like the two of you sure are enjoying your role as daddy and mommy!
Post a Comment